Chapter 14: Big News

"What! Have you told him?" Alice asked. She suddenly felt the need to protect Hermione, like Hermione protected her back in high school. Hermione broke down in tears.

"Alice, you have to help me! I can't have this baby. Fred won't want it and Hiram will kick me out. Please" she pleaded. Mascara streaming down her face, she struggled to stand up holding on to Alice for support. "I need to get rid of it" she stumbled out of the bathroom and back into the main hall. Fred was dancing with Mary when he saw a broken looking Hermione stumble into the hall.

"Hermione" he shouted running to her. 

"Fred?" Mary called after him but stopped when she realised who he was going to. She pursed her lips, of course. He was back with his high school girlfriend she thought as her high heels clicked across the floor to the door. She got her coat and texted Fred "See you at home x"

"Hermione what is it?" Fred tried to stable the woman.

"Fred, I'm sorry. I'm such a burden" she said holding his face with her hands. 

"Are you drunk?" He asked. Suddenly, Alice came running down the hall.
"Where is that so called husband of yours?" Fred asked under his breath looking around for Hiram.

"Fred, Fred" Alice said trying to catch her breath. Fp came running over to see what was happening. 

"I love you" Hermione whispered, resting her head on Fred's shoulder. "I know you didn't want this but it's okay, I can fix it" He stroked her hair gently.

"What's wrong darling?" He asked

"I'm pregnant" Hermione started to cry again. Fp looked at Alice and she gave him a confirming glance before turning her attention back to a now shocked Fred.

"Oh Mina! You should have told me. Is it mine?" He asked, holding her shoulders.

"Yes" Hermione's face crumpled, more tears spilling from her eyes. Fp put his arm around Alice's waist pulling her in towards him.

"Hi baby" she said, looking up at him.

"Hi Ali, feels like we haven't spoken all night." He smiled at her.

"I love you" She kissed him.

"I love you too" he said spinning her around and leading her back onto the dance floor.

"I love you" Fred told Hermione kissing her forehead. She smiled, wiping mascara off of her cheeks. 

"I love you too" she smiled, wiping mascara off of her cheeks. "There's a bump, do you want to feel it?" Hermione asked.

"A bump? How far along are you?" Fred seemed shocked.

"Two months I think, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner. I've only known for two weeks" Hermione explained, taking Fred's hand and resting it on her stomach. He felt the tiniest bump through the material of Hermione's loose dress.

"Oh my god" Fred said quietly, smiling at the woman. Hiram walked over to see his wife with Fred Andrews.

"What the hell is going on here?!" He shouted. The couple quickly looked around, guilty looks on their faces.

"Hiram-" Hermione began.

"Don't even try to explain." He put his hand up. She stepped back, grabbing Fred's hand.

"I want a divorce" her voice wobbled. Both men were in shock.

"Hermione but-" Fred started.
"No, actually I agree" Hiram said "I'll send the papers over with your clothes." He spat, walking away. Hermione gasped.

"Oh my God. What am I doing?" She suddenly snapped back into reality.

"It's okay, you can stay with me and Archie tonight. Mary is in the guest room anyway" Fred offered.

"What would I do without you Freddie?"