Chapter 19: Proposal Part 2

Fp reached into his pocket and got down on one knee in front of the love of his life. Hermione gasped, realizing what was going on.

"Alice Susanna Smith, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" Fp spoke, awaiting Alice's answer.

"Fp" she began to cry "of course, of course I will" Fp took the ring out of the box and slipped it on Alice's finger, he stood up, both of them now crying, took Alice's hand and kissed her for what felt like forever. Hermione rested her head on Fred's shoulder, emotional hormones washing over her causing her to cry.

"I love you, Jonesy" Alice cried, holding Fp's face in her hands.

"I love you too, Ali" Fp kissed her again. Fred decided that he couldn't wait, watching how happy his friends were he wanted that, so he got down on one knee in front of Hermione. 

"Hermione" he laughed as the ring box got stuck in his pocket. "Will you marry me?" Fred opened the box. Hermione squealed.

"Oh my god! Yes, yes, yes!" she jumped up, kissing him, not even waiting for him to put the ring on her finger. Fred kissed her back before putting the ring on her. "I love you" Hermione laughed admiring the ring, her hand subconsciously resting on her stomach.

"I love you too, darling" Fred rested his hand on top of his now fiancee's, their fingers intertwining.

"Did you guys plan that?" Alice asked, wiping a stray tear off of her cheek, snuggled up to Fp.

"Well, we told each other but we didn't both plan on doing it tonight" Fp explained.

"Let's go and tell the kids" Hermione said, pulling Fred by the hand, opening the front door and running down the path quickly.

"Woah, slow down" Fred said, following close behind her. Fp and Alice walked behind them. Alice knocked on her front door. 

"It's just us kids!" she shouted. They waited, hearing Betty take the keys from the table by the door and unlock it.

"Hi mom, why are you back so early?" she said hugging her mother.

"Go into the living room" Alice told her daughter before shouting upstairs for the other kids. Hermione, Fred, Alice and Fp stood awkwardly in front of their children.

"So.." Fred broke the silence. "Veronica, Archie. You mother and I are.. engaged." he announced. 

"Oh my god! Seriously? Can I help plan the wedding?" Veronica asked, standing up and admiring the ring. Hermione and Fred laughed.

"Of course, sweetheart" Hermione held her daughter's hand.

"That's amazing, I'm so happy for you guys but what will this mean for me and Ronnie?" Archie asked.

"Nothing, you're not blood related so it's fine" Fred reassured his son.

"I think that maybe we should split, Archie" Veronica suggested.

"If that's what you want Ronnie, still best friends?" Archie asked.

"Still best friends, Archiekins" Veronica smiled and hugged her now ex boyfriend.

"Mom? Is that what you wanted to tell us?" Betty asked.

"No, there's actually something else we'd like to tell you. Fp and I are also getting married" Alice said, her voice wobbling. She knew that her daughter had always disapproved of their relationship.

"That's great mom" Betty said through clenched teeth. Claire squealed.

"I'm so happy for you guys!" she exclaimed, pulling everyone into a hug except Betty who sat on the sofa watching them bitterly.

A/N

I honestly don't know 🤣🤣