Chapter 26: Christmas Day

The next morning couldn't have come slower but when 7am rolled around, Claire ran straight to Fp and Alice's room.

"Wake up, wake up" she whispered. Alice squinted before opening her eyes fully. "It's Christmas!" Claire said gleefully.

"Let's go downstairs then" Alice smiled. She got up and started to shake Fp. "Wake up, idiot" Alice pressed a kiss on Fp's cheek causing him to stir. 

"Wha?" He sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"It's Christmas!" Alice laughed. She pulled him out of bed and dragged him downstairs. Betty heard the commotion and woke up to follow the three downstairs.

"Merry Christmas Betty" Claire said kindly to her cousin.

"Merry Christmas Claire" Betty smiled grudgingly. When they got downstairs Claire squealed with excitement, Alice smiled snuggling into Fp.

"Can we open them?" Claire asked.

"We need to wait for Hermione, Fred, Veronica and Archie" Fp said sensibly.

"And Jughead" Betty added before sitting down on the sofa, grumpily. She thought about last night.

The first person awake in the Andrews' house was Hermione.

"Hey Fred" she whispered, shaking the man but he wasn't budging. Hermione kissed his cheek, across his face and on the end of his nose. Fred turned his head. "Wake up love, it's Christmas" Hermione laughed.

"I'm awake" Fred groaned, opening his eyes. He held Hermione's waist and pulled her on top of him. Hermione squealed, giggling as Fred kissed her cheek.

"Merry Christmas" she said, their noses and foreheads touching. 

"Merry Christmas, darling" Fred smiled. "We should get up" he added.

"But I don't want to" Hermione whined.

"Come on" Fred picked her up and sat her back on the bed. He sat down beside Hermione and lent down to her stomach.

"Merry Christmas baby" he said softly. Hermione laughed at him, running her hand through his hair. "We love you" Fred continued. "And I love you too" he said bringing his face to meet Hermione's.

"I love you, you weirdo" Hermione laughed. The two woke up Archie and Veronica and got ready for the day before getting presents to take them to Alice and Fp's and open them. Hermione knocked on their front door and Alice answered. 

"Hey!" Alice hugged Hermione and let them in.

"Merry Christmas guys" Hermione said loudly, putting presents down under the tree.

"Can we open them now?" Veronica asked.

"Sure" Fred agreed.

"Jughead isn't here yet" Betty murmured. Claire, Betty and Archie started looking for presents with their names on them, Betty reluctantly joined them. It was 9 o clock and everyone had opened their presents, Betty heard her phone ting. She left the room to check it.

Jughead: Meet me at the end of your road

Betty's heart raced.

Betty: Should I pack a bag?
Jughead: Yes

Betty ran upstairs and threw some clothes, a hairbrush and her toothbrush into a bag. She went back downstairs and shouted through to everyone in the living room.

"I'm going out, I'll be back soon"

"Okay honey, text me when you're on your way back" Alice replied. Betty ran to the end of her road and saw Jughead with his own bag.

"You ready?" He asked. Betty hesitated.

"Yes" she took Jughead's hand as they started to walk down the street.
Hermione, Fred, Alice and Fp were in the kitchen making dinner.

"Alice" Fp whined "I can't cook, let me watch the football" Alice sighed.

"Fine" she finally gave in. 

"Thank you" Fp kissed Alice's cheek before going into the living room and sitting down beside Archie, Claire and Veronica.

A/N

Sorry for not updating for so long 😅