Chapter 12: Invitation

Just then Claire's phone tinged.

"Ugh, who could that be?" She groaned, checking it. She noticed a text from Betty.

"Oh, it's Betty. She asked if we would like her and Veronica to pick up Pop's for us on their way home" she read.
"Tell her to get our usual and meet us at home" Alice said, with her arms still draped around Fp's neck, his hands on her waist.

"Let's go baby" he said taking her hand and spinning her around. The three walked back to the car and drove back home. They drove along the snow ridden road, carpeted with orange leaves. For once Riverdale was calm and at peace. The rest of the night was relaxed, they had Pop's and watched a movie and then went to bed.

The next morning everyone was asleep when the doorbell rang. Claire dragged herself out of bed to go and answer it. Who would be at the door at this time in the morning? She thought.
"Good morning Baby Blossom!" It was Veronica.

"Ronnie? Weren't you staying over?" Claire asked, brushing off the nickname.

"No, I decided to go home. My mother hasn't been handling my father's return very well" she explained handing Claire a white envelope. "Dress code: formal" Veronica chirped, spinning on her heel and walking down the path. The front read "Alice, Fp, Betty and Claire". Claire couldn't help but open it, after all, it did have her name on the front. She pulled out a cream coloured invitation with glitter around the edges which had migrated to the centre a little bit.

"Alice, Fp, Betty and Claire, you are invited to the Lodge's Riverdale High Class of '88 reunion." Claire read. "21st of December at Riverdale High school. We hope to see you there" she let out a little squeal when she read that there's going to be a party. Claire decided to go and inform her cousin. "Betty! Betty!" She shouted, running upstairs.

"What?" She heard Betty groan from inside her bedroom. Claire opened the door to see an extremely bedraggled Betty lying in bed.

"We got an invitation to the Lodge's Riverdale High reunion." Claire handed Betty the invitation.

"Oh yeah, V was talking about that yesterday." She replied sleepily, rolling back over and pulling the covers over her face.

"Well I'm going downstairs to start breakfast" Claire said, giving up on her insufferable cousin and going downstairs.

A/N

Hi, sorry it's a short part but over the next couple of nights I'll be copying and pasting as much of this as I can from my notes instead of retyping it on my computer and checking it so if there are spelling mistakes then sorry. This is in case article 13 does go through because if it does I'll have to take down this story for copyright issues on the characters and plot lines.

Hope you understand 💜