Chapter 5: Happy Birthday Part 2

Alice flicked back on the lights, revealing Betty, Cheryl, Toni, Jughead and Archie sitting around the table.
"Cheryl!" Claire said as her sister jumped out of her seat to greet her.
"Clairikins! Happy birthday" Cheryl chirped.
"Happy birthday!" The others chorused.
"Thank you everyone" Claire said, giving each of them a hug and laughing.
"Open your presents!" Cheryl said, handing Claire a gift wrapped in red foily paper. Claire began to peel the paper back revealing a red record player. Claire squealed.
"Oh my god! Cheryl, thank you!" Claire hugged her sister once again. The next present was wrapped in white with a pink bow.
"That one's from us" Betty says, snuggling up to Jughead. He smiled and put his arm around her. Claire unwrapped it to find a gorgeous baby pink Ted Baker wallet with a little gold bow.
"Awww thank you, you two" Claire hugged them both.
"Open mines" Archie said pointing to a small gift with silver paper. Claire reached over and opened a pink, marble and gold notepad with the words "more issues than vogue" on the front. She opened it and two ten dollar notes fluttered out.
"Sorry, I didn't know what to get you" Archie mumbled, scratching the back of his neck.
"No, no thank you! I love it" Claire said hugging him.
"These are from us, baby" Alice said handing Claire two wrapped gifts. The first one was new paints and the second a special edition of Claire's favourite movie, The Breakfast Club.
"Thank you!" Claire exclaimed, jumping up to hug Fp and Alice.
"I'll go cut the cake" Hermione said, standing up. Fred followed her into the kitchen.
"Kevin said Happy Birthday and he's sorry that he couldn't be here but he's already made plans with Moose." Betty explained.
"That's okay, I'll phone him later" Claire said, a hint of melancholy in her voice. Hermione and Fred returned into the living room holding several plates of cake. Alice and Fp jumped up to help and they handed everyone a plate.
"So Toni, Cheryl. How was the road trip?" Veronica asked.
"Amazing! Three months was not long enough" Toni said, looking at Cheryl. Cheryl smiled and held her girlfriends hand. Just then, there was a knock at the door.
"I'll get it!" Claire said, putting her cake down on the table. Her hair bounced around her shoulders as she got up and set off towards the door. Claire turned the brass handle and saw a man standing in the doorway. Hal.