Chapter 16: Cheryl

(Two weeks later, Hermione has appointed Alice as her vice.)

"You know, it feels like we're back in high school again" Alice laughed. Her and Hermione were sitting on Alice's porch painting each other's nails.

"I know, now all we need is the Fredheads and we will be back in 1987" they giggled.
The Fredheads, a band consisting of Fred, Fp and a couple of other guys from their class.

"Hi Alice, Hi Hermione! What are you doing?" Claire came skipping out of the house.

"We're doing our nails, want me to do yours?" Hermione offered.

"Yes please, can you do them purple?" Claire asked.

"Of course!" Hermione replied looking for a purple.

"Where's Betty?" Alice asked.

"She's talking to her sister on the phone or something" Claire rambled.

"Polly!?" Alice said, jumping up and running up to Betty's room. Betty was sitting on her bed talking into the phone. Alice snatched it off of her daughter. "Polly? Polly dear?" She questioned desperately.

"Mom? Hi Mom" Polly said, confused.

"Oh Pol, how are you? How are the twins?" Alice asked.

"We're fine Mom, how are you? I heard that's Claire's back." Polly said reminiscing.

"Yes! Do you remember her, God you were only about 7 when she was born!" Alice said.

"Yeah, I remember her. She's a cute kid, maybe I'll bring the twins over to see you soon." Polly suggested.

"Oh please do darling. Anyway I'll give the phone back to Betty now." Alice said hesitantly. She didn't know when the next time she would talk to her daughter would be.

"Okay, bye mom" Polly said as Alice handed the phone back to Betty. Alice traipsed back downstairs and onto the porch.

"There we go, all done!" Hermione said as she finished Claire's nails.

"Thank you!" Claire smiled.

"Clairikins, Alice, Hermione. How are you?" Cheryl walked up on to the porch.

"Cheryl, what are you doing here?" Claire said standing up to hug her big sister.

"Just a routine check" she said, shooting Alice an icy glare.

"How's Toni and Nana Blossom?" Claire asked eagerly.

"TT is fine and Nana Blossom is better than ever now that Mumsy is gone." Cheryl exclaimed.

"Hmmm how's Mom doing?" Claire asked, grudgingly.

"She's well" Cheryl said in the same resentful tone. There was a silence.

"Well I gotta get going, Fred will be wondering where I am." Hermione broke the silence, standing up and hugging Alice. She ran down the porch steps and over to her own house, giving the women left standing on the porch a wave before disappearing into the house.

"Well, I guess you can come in Cheryl." Alice said stepping aside to let Cheryl into the house.

Claire spent the evening just talking to her sister and Cheryl offered to take her to the Bijou to see a film together. Of course, Claire agreed thrilled to be spending more time with her sister. After all, she was the only blood related person she wanted to spend time with. Around 10, Cheryl left and Claire decided to get some sleep. After all she did have school tomorrow.