-End- I Think I Love You... But You Kind of Scare me

Heey guys! :D

So this is the finale for the Laurie series. I will probably continue if enough people are interested but not right now D: because I'm writing other things :D

Enjoy!

erin ♥

----

Kane pulled himself away from me. I looked at him, looked at him deeply.

His eyes were a sparkling shade of forest green, lively and beautiful in contrast to his skin. The pale, ghostly white had disappeared with a delicate, yet strong shade of white. He seemed to be omitting a kind of inner light, and his lips curled into a dreamy smile.

"Laurie," he said, his voice full of joy and passion now. No hint of croaky-ness, no soulless reaper voice. "Laurie, thank you... For healing me. But we have to get to the ball, we're in more danger then your think."

He grabbed my wrist without waiting for my reply and pulled me in his stride.

As I followed him quickly, I felt a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. I just knew, but some gut feeling, that I was going to regret following Kane for the rest of my life. My stomach did millions of flip flops as we ran down staircases, hallways and corridors, finally ending in front of the hall. The noise and laughter came from the hall did do anything to calm my nerves. I was still terrified.

As we entered the hall, I ran straight into Sasha. Her usual dream-like state had changed, as she held onto Harry's hand and grinned at me. Then she noticed my arm in Kane's grip and her expression changed to concern.

"Jack's looking for you everywhere Laurie," she said, not bothering to acknowledge any other part of Kane but his hand. "He's concerned."

"He shouldn't be," I replied, a little shakily. Had no one else heard that horrible scream? Kane had, he was as alert as I'd ever seen him. But why hadn't Sasha? "Listen... did you hear this horrible scream? I went out to the flight tower for a breather... and well I heard a scream. A woman's scream. Did you hear it?"

"No..." Sasha said slowly, giving me an odd look. "No I can't say I did Laurie. Is something going on?"

This time she acknowledged Kane with a piercing stare. I was a little shocked, I hadn't seen Sasha get angry at anyone but Maia.

"No, no of course not," I said, trying to wriggle my hand from Kane's grasp but it worked to no avail. Now someone else had noticed his sudden appearance with me.

Ezra.

"Mr Hardy, I think it would be most suited if you perhaps were to let go of Laur- Miss Banks' hand," said Ezra politely, but his up tight manner spoke otherwise. For the first time tonight, I saw Kane notice someone besides me.

"There's nothing wrong with it," snapped Kane protectively.

"I beg to differ,"

"Well it's none of your business,"

"As a member of staff I would like you to speak to me in a more civil manner," replied Ezra, straightening his back a little more. I didn't actually think that was possible.

"Well, professor, maybe you should politely leave Miss Banks and I alone as it is simply not your place to be concerned about us," countered Kane. Ezra raised his eyebrows at Kane, folding his arms over his chest. The lively air had become tense. It seemed that people had detected the vibes of strain that were positively bouncing off Kane and Ezra.

I slipped my arm out of Kane's.

"There, we're fine now," I laughed uneasily. I needed to find Jack and straighten things out. I was in love with Kane... I well and truly was... "We can all just forget this happened and get on with the night."