-12- I Think I Love You... But You Kind of Scare me

Sorry haven't uploaded this in ages!!

Trying to figure out how I should tackle the Jack-Laurie kiss.

I decided to... STALL!!!! :DD

Sorry it's so short :(

Enjoy my dears,

xoxo erin;

---

Unknown P.O.V.

---

Laurie; aged 4

---

-Your Guardian Angel-

The reflection of the young girl startles me at first.

Many her age would not wander to the water's edge and look so deeply into it, with eyes that are like jewels of sapphire. Death stripped this girl of a fighting chance.

A fighting chance of being young.

Her soft face looks curiously into the watery depths of the pond in her garden. Her hair, in two loose braids, dangles just above the waters edge, like two splashes of sunlight hitting the blue depths.

Her eyes are alert yet her body is slack. Those eyes, those curious eyes. Her possible undoing, yet her most valid asset. Her eyes are pure, purer then ever.

As a tiny hummingbird drops down to the waters edge and lands neatly on a lily, the girl's attention shifts from the water to the bird. It's only a metre from the embankment she's so carefully perched on. She reaches forward a tiny arm in an attempt to touch the cerulean blue feathers.

A vain attempt.

Slowly she teeters on the embankment to clasp small, round fingers around the bird. Slowly, very slowly, she loses all hope of staying on the safe, dry land. As her hand draws close to the bird, she slips over the edge and into the cold watery depths.

The water engulfs her tiny body, like there was nothing there before. But under the water, she's fighting for her life. The cold water freezes the blood in her veins, as her tiny arms thrash out against the water. Her lungs clog with the icy splash as she tries to scream for help. And then slowly... very slowly... she begins to stop moving.

A single bubble floats from her semi-opened mouth and floats to the top of the water, popping at the top. Then, ever so slowly, her body begins to rise from the bottom of the pond's floor to the top, quicker and quicker now, as if carried by watery arms, she is hoisted to the surface and thrown onto the embankment.

As her nanny rushes to her spluttering body, she looks to the pond for a few seconds in wonder.

But the water is still now.

So, so very still...