Chapter Eighteen.

Edwin's P.O.V

After I dropped Dove off, I received a phone call from dad.

"Yes dad?"I knew there would be lecture on girlfriend rules. I think he should give me a million dollars so I could get myself an apartment for me and my "Girlfriend".

"You have to hide, "Were the first words that he spoke.

"What?Where?"I was confused.

"They...They'll track your location, Ed! The Rodrìguez are back, You have to run..We can't....we can't lose you, "Dad took a shaky breath, At least it sounded shaky "I can't lose you,"

"Dad..."

"Edwin, Come home, I need to talk to you" With that the line went dead.

"I told him! I told him!"I slammed my head on the steering wheel.

Ow. It hurts.

I drove back in a great hurry.

"Mom, Dad?"I called.

"Here, "Mum called.

Every step that I took towards the living room felt like my last step or my first.

As I entered the living room I saw dad sitting on the sofa and mum pacing around the room.

I sat down and looked at dad.

"Edwin, I want to tell you why they are following us..."

I sat up straight, I had waited so long for the truth.

"Your grandfather, As you know worked in a brewery in Mexico back in his early twenties to make a better living, being orphaned in his childhood he and his brothers had to do all the work, "Dad paused.

"During this time, He fell in love.."I took a deep breath. This romantic soul runs in our family.

"He fell in love with a Mexican girl, Yolanda. Who was his boss's daughter and of course she started loving him back. They both wanted to run away with each other as it was impossible for them to unite in her father's presence. They made many plans and decided to run on a dark night.

Unfortunately for them, that night didn't turn out lucky for them and your grandfather's boss got to know he sent out his men to find them. As this news traveled around the town, Yolanda got to know. She and your grandfather decided to either finish themselves or find a safer hiding place. But time was less. Yolanda took out a dagger she had brought with her. And told your grandfather to kill her, It was hard for them both. And he didn't have the courage for this. Seeing this Yolanda took he dagger and slit her throat before he could stop her. He became mad with grief and cried so much and so loudly that the men caught him. But he fooled them and ran away.

After some years he married my mother and had me and your aunt. But somehow, His boss found him. I was twenty-four when he was slaughtered. My mother died soon after him. We ran away and I married your mom. I thought we had dodged them but no they are here, And I know they'll kill you...Edwin, you have to run."

Mum was crying along with him.

I had to run, I know.

"Just for eight months, "Dad spoke.

"Eight months?"I echoed.

"I'll settle everything. Martin is the son of Miguel, And Miguel is the one who  is bloodthirsty not Martin, I'll talk to him."

"What the fuck dad? They'll kill you."

"You're leaving tomorrow"

"Okay, I'll have to meet Dove and my friends and all."I stood up and left.

I ran straight to her house barged in without knocking, climbed up the stairs to her room and found her on her bed.

"Dove!"She looked startled.

"Edwin?"She sat up.

I moved forwards swiftly and started kissing her. I knew I would miss her like hell.

I told her everything, The background story. Except for that night of the party and my future departure.

I know she'll cry like hell but I'll have to tell Kevin and Mark before leaving. So if things get worse they'll be there to handle everything.

I trust them,Really.

Last week before summer vacations. I guess dad will call me back before graduation, If not I'll have to cover up.

But this is not the time to think about this stuff, I looked at Dove who was looking back at me. Not resisting anymore I took her in my arms and started kissing her all over again, I knew this would be the last time in God knows how many months, I'll get intimate with her.