Chapter Nine.

I was there, Yes. I was sitting in front of him. In his bedroom.

And I'm freaking out! I really am, it's been hardly twenty-four hours since his proposal and I'm here, finding my guts to speak.

He was looking at me, just looking at me. With a kind of dreamy look in his eyes.

"You...wanted to talk about..something?"At last, he spoke.

"Oh...yeah, yeah...Edwin...."

"Hey, I won't bite. I swear, "I smiled at this, even though I was freaking out.

"Uh...I wanted to ask.That.Do.You.....do you really love me?"I blurted out the last part, He looked shocked at first. Then smiled.

"Of course, I had never experienced love before. But I do."

"Edwin...Yesterday,I thought about it...About you." He sat up straight. "And... I realized that, I love you too."He looked at me, took my hand in his and smiled.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded.

"So...is that a yes?"He asked, earnestly.

"Yes," I nodded again and looked up. I expected him to kiss me. Because that's what the guy does when you tell him that you love him too.

But, instead he kissed me on my cheek. I expected him to be shy about it. I don't know why, But I did.

But. he wasn't. It came out with passion. Still it was a kiss on the cheek.

I smiled at his cuteness. But,there was something I had to do.

"Edwin...Um...I want you to keep this relationship a secret. You know just our close friends like Lindsay, Kevin and Mark can share the secret. I mean...you know. But, not the others. I want this to be a secret."Edwin raised his eyebrows.

"Why?" He demanded.

I felt uncomfortable.

"Uh...Well...you know, If people in school got to know they would make a fuss, You know. You are the most desired guy for girls there. They are crazy about you. And stuff. I want to enjoy this beautiful relation comfortably."I finished my little speech. And I know it consisted of everything but truth.

He smiled.

"Okay, As you wish,"

....................................................

Lindsay was going mad with happiness.

"It's so cool! Summer love!"

Yeah.Summer love. Not.I'll love him forever.

We were sitting at an ice cream place near our school. Talking about our relationships.

"Uh-huh,Not summer love. It's love forever,I never knew I would fall for him."I retorted,dreamily.

"I always knew,You both were made for each other."I blushed, it felt good to hear about your special one. That's how far I had gone.

Lindsay noticed me blushing and smiled.

"Look at you now! You used to detest him!"She reminded me. I chuckled uncomfortably.

"Shut up...I was a fool then!"
"Yeah,I would say that for you!"
I rolled my eyes,But. I was really happy that my thoughts changed for him, He is such a nice person!

"So did you both kiss?"Lindsay asked.
I raised my eyebrows and made a click clicking sound.
"Is that a No?"Lindsay demanded.

"Yes, It is a No,My dear. He just kissed me on my cheek. Which,Was kinda cute."
She let out a chuckle.
"Wow...That'a the man! You know people say or you can say, The Internet says that a real lover is the one who kisses you on your forehead and not lips..."
I cut her statement.
"But he kissed me on the cheek!"
"It's the same,You idiot! I was just saying. It's good that he didn't go for your lips!"
I nodded,Uncertainly.
But, Really. Whatever.
Yes...Just Whatever. As if I care.
Oh Gosh! I do care! He should have kissed me on my forehead, Right?
So what does it mean if he had kissed me on my cheek?
Aaargh!What the hell? Why am I worrying over this shit? I love him and he does too.
End of story!
Uh-huh...End of worrying!