chapter three

A fresh new morning in my neighborhood. I wake up with Cory by my side, sleeping so peacefully and soundly. I wouldn't want to wake him up so I slip out of bed like a snake and head downstairs for breakfast. To my surprise, Mum decided to sleep with the boys as she had laid a mattress for them to sleep on. Cling and clang could be heard from the kitchen and so, I went over to see what is up for breakfast.

"Hey, mum, what's up for breakfast?" Mum turned around and passes me the plates. I sigh and go on to set the table.

"Oops, my bad. Today breakfast is bacon and eggs. You are up early. Could you wake James up for me?" I nod and wake James up. James instantly shot up and he was sweating profusely and his face looks very pale. "You okay James?" James turns to look at me and hug me. Must have been a nightmare.

"It's just a nightmare, James."

"But it looks very real."

"Let's just have breakfast and clear our minds" James nod and they both walk back to the table and eat our breakfast. After breakfast, I went up to get ready. As I was putting on makeup, my phone vibrates. A notification pops up, a message from Susan.

Susan Narnia 🦁

Lana! You wouldn't believe whose car am I in?

Jaehyun? Susan, I wouldn't be surprised if he asks you out on a date.

Or even take away your virginity.

Lana! Not just him! Yuta is in too.

We are on your way to pick you up.

No! Leave me out of your situation. I am not going to school with you guys.

Goodbye 👍🏼

I slam my phone facing downwards and quickly finish my makeup and do my hair. Some girls in my school, they usually wear full on makeup. Me? I don't usually wear full on unless it's a school event or wedding. But for school, I just draw in my brows and put some concealer to cover up my dark circles underneath my eyes. Once I am satisfied with my looks and my outfit for today, I pick up my Kanken backpack and went downstairs. The twins is still asleep? Mum really must have wanted to them to sleep in. I glance over at mum and wave her goodbye before putting on my shoes.

"I'm gonna get going, bye mum"

A jeep? In front of my house? What? Who? When? I didn't call for an Uber driver! The window rolls down and out came Susan. "Don't just stand there, cmon! Hop in!" I shake my head and walk in the other direction. I heard the car door open and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Yuta who decided to come out of the car. A strong grip suddenly started to say hello and I turn it was Yuta who was holding my hand, I let it go harshly and walk furthermore to the bus stop. 

"Get in the car," Me being me, still stubborn I shake my head and ignores him. I hear his groans and he decided to walk beside me. I look at him in confusion and rolls my eyes. "If you don't mind, let me escort you to school, my lady"

"No, I am fine with and without an escort." He slips his hand and intertwines our hands together which caught me by surprise and I quickly let it go. "Do you want to die?" 

"Do you wanna bet?" I look at him with confusion and disgust. A bet? What bet? If it is about money then I am down for it. But for other things, nope. Just no. And silly me ask what is the bet about? Yuta turns to me with the sheepish smile and he clears his throat and stops in front of me. 

"Be with me for 152 days and after that, if both of us starts to develop feelings for each other, we lost our virginity with each other and be like real couples after that." 

"What!? NO! Are you crazy!? Who do you think  you are?" I push him aside and sits at the bench of the bus stop, he sits beside me and looks at me. "Cmon, 5 months is going to pass by very quickly and before you know it, bam bet done" I shake my head no and I hear him sigh and he started running his hand through his hair. Why do I suddenly feel bad for this guy? 

"Why do you suddenly think of that bet? I am not your toy do you hear me?"

"Remember yesterday when I said that someone has eyes for you? That person is me. Taeyong wants me to be with you for 5 months and of course, I said yes. Just say yes will you? Why you gotta be so feisty and stubborn? I will pay you. Thousands of money. Just say how much you want and I will give you." I slap his shoulders which caught him by surprised. My body is not for sale! Seriously just because you are popular doesn't give him the right to use other girls for money? Just who does he think he is? 

"Are you nuts? My body is not for sale! And you are definitely not on my list. Find someone else"

"Sure, but don't regret after that. I know about your brother and sister. What are their names again? Anthony and Maddy? Like is this their picture?" He shows me their photos of them hanging out with their friends and one of their gang member, Kun is there with them. "You wouldn't dare hurt them!" Yuta raises his eyebrows and smile. I hate him so much, how am I suppose to be with him when I hate him so much. 

"I am getting revenge on the previous girl I hook up with. She is obsessed with me and she says that when I find a new girl she will try to move in from me. So please" Yuta leans in towards me with pleading eyes and he lays his head on my shoulders. I don't know if he is lying or not cause 1) he said Taeyong made him be with me for 5 months and 2) he said that he wanted to get revenge to a girl who is obsessed with him? Honey, I don't know if you are lying but I have no choice but to say yes cause he has intentionally threatened me with Anthony and Maddy. I shifted a bit to make him sit up straight. 

"Okay, I will do it. I will do the bet