chapter twenty

"Anyways, thanks for stepping in," Jaehyun nods, "No problem. Just take care of yourself okay, we can't always be there for you. Emotionally and physically," I let out a smile and walks towards my next class. I look around to find an extra seat beside Mark.

"No, wait, seriously? Another guy, Lana how many of the members of NCT have you hooked up with?" I sigh and slam my books down on the table. "Oh, slutty girlie is angry,"

"Hell yeah I am," Before I could do anything, Mark stops in between me and Arthur. I glared at him asking him to move away. He shakes his head and takes away the pen knife that I didn't know I was holding onto, "He is not worth it, Lana. Let it go," I could see that Arthur was laughing and smiling. Mark calms me down and I sit at my seat. I sigh once again and buries my face in the palm of my hands. Just as things were getting better for me. It's okay, Lana, Sunday Funday is coming. You gonna have a great time. Just as I was deep into thoughts, my phone beep.

Susan Narnia 🦁

How are you holding up?
Are you feeling better now?

By holding up you mean, HE IS IN THE SAME CLASS AS ME HOLDING UP?

Wait, shut up. He is in the same class as you? As in, NOW!?
How??

I don't know. This is the second class he is in with me
zzz, I wanna live in peace alr ㅠㅠ

Okay, if he does something to you. CALL ME FIRST!
Yuta second.
Okay?
Do you hear me?

Yes, mother!

I put my phone away and sigh. The day went out pretty smoothly right after History which means it's now the time to go home. I waited for Yuta at the stairs and look around. Susan and Jaehyun, well let's just say they are getting along well, for now. "Hey, you're Lana, right? You left this at History class thought I'll give it back to you." I look up and smile, "Thanks?"

"Oh, its Melanie, you can call me, Mel. I'm two seats away from you. I'm sorry about Arthur, he can be a total dick sometimes," I smile and looks away. She sits at the empty spot beside me and looks around awkwardly, "Can I help you with anything?" She shakes her head and smile.

"Okay, are you and Arthur related or something?" She nods and sighs, "I know about you and Arthur how he used to be abusive to you. I'm sorry it happened to you again. The reason why we transferred to this school is because-" Before she could finish her sentence, her hair got pulled and she was thrown to the side. I gasped and I quickly stand up to run towards Mel. Her head was bleeding. I turn around and saw Arthur looking straight at me. Mel held me tight and my breathing got heavier and faster. I can't fight this guy. I pull Mel in towards me and hugged her tight and close both of our eyes. "Lana, let's go!" Mark pulls me away and I carrying Mel away fro the scene.

"Wait, wait who is that fighting Arthur?" I put Mel at the back seat with Mark and get to the front seat. I look over at the driver's seat and saw Yuta, then look back at who is fighting Arthur. Taeyong. He quickly runs to the car and takes a seat at the back seat. Yuta then quickly drove away. "Hey guys, we should go fast, she's not looking very sexy," I turn around and saw Mel's mouth started to drip blood. Yuta drives as fast as he could to the hospital. As soon as we reached the hospital, Mark carries Mel out from the car and we rushed to the door.

"Doctor! We need a Doctor! ASAP!" They put her on a stretcher and check for her pulse, "We will run some test on her and will get her a ward in the ICU. Until then, please stay at the lobby," We nods and takes a seat at the bench provided. I sigh and bury my face in the palms of my hands. Yuta takes the seat beside me and pulls me into a side hug, kissed the top of my head and rubs my shoulders. "Do you know her?"

"Mel, she is in my class for History, she is Arthur's sister," I break free from the hug and look at Yuta, "How do you know we were there?" "It doesn't matter, what matters is that you are safe." I nod and rest on his shoulders. I think we waited for about 4-5 hours for the doctor to come back and tell us about her condition, but no, nothing, no news at all. I was beginning to worry as I pace back and forth, biting my nails. This is taking too long, I am getting impatient. The door burst open and out came the doctor that attended Mel. All of us ran to her and wait for her reply.

"Nothing happened but she might have a mild concussion and a broken arm since the attacker did something to her, she can go home in a day or two. You may see her in room 402." We thanked the doctor and heads over to room 402. I opened the door and see Mel laying on the bed lifelessly. I sigh and takes the seat next to her bed while grabbing her hand. "I feel bad for her, really. Now I feel like it's my duty to protect her from her brother." Yuta places his hand on my shoulders and give a little squeeze.

"We can protect her, there is 23 of us now." I turn to Taeyong, "23?" He nods, "You and Susan are a part of us. I don't make the rules," I look at Mark and Yuta, they smile and nod. Great, how am I supposed to tell Maddie and Anthony that I am now part of their gang? They are going to kill me! And so is Dad. Heck, my whole family is going to kill me if they found out that I am part of them. I return them a smile and let go of Mel's hand. "I'll come by tomorrow and visit" The four of us walked out of the hospital. We bid goodbye to Mark and Taeyong and make our way to my house to hang out. James is probably at home since I just called Anthony to pick him up. Throughout the whole ride to my house, it was quiet. We didn't look at each other nor said a word.

James greeted us as soon as we opened the door and we head upstairs to take care of the twins. Mum and Dad are out so it's just the five of us since Anthony only picked him up from school and has to go back to school for his projects and presentations. Yuta knows something is up with me. He keeps giving those expressions and it's making me feel uncomfortable. "What is it Yuta? What? Why are you looking at me like that? What? Is there something wrong with my face or something? What, Yuta? What!?" I raised my voice unintentionally at him which cause the younger kids to cry and hide behind him.

"It's not me, it's you." I sigh and lay down on my side, not wanting to look at him. "Lana, if you don't tell me what's wrong I can't help you. I know this whole Arthur thing and his sister is stressing you out but please don't keep it to yourself. Also lately, I've been noticing how distant you are from me, I don't know what I did or where I went wrong but please talk to me, we are in this together. Bet or no bet. Please, Lana, don't make me suffer again because of the same thing,"