The Party

Eric had decided to host a small party before Toby left to go home. If anything it was his excuse to get baked but no one complained because that was everyone else's plans as well.

Everyone from the group had been invited, including Jaren who was making the trip down from Canada as Rose helped Toby and Eric get his apartment ready.

"Do you want me to set a volume level that can't adjust on your pc so we don't end up blasting music?" Rose asks Eric and he nods.

"You can do that?" Toby follows her over to Eric's computer where he had a couple speakers set up.

"With some basic programs and coding. I'm only doing it so we don't get any noise complaints. Because those are really annoying," Rose smiles at Toby as she pulls up a program and types a couple lines of code in before closing it.

"How do you know how to do that?" Toby looks at her in amazement.

"It's just something I picked up in school," Rose shrugs, feeling her cheeks warm up a little bit.

"I didn't learn that in school," Toby chuckles as he stands stretches his arms up a bit.

"She didn't just attend normal school, she hasn't told you?" Eric calls from the kitchen.

"No?" Toby furrows his brows.

"She used to go to college for cyber security or some shit," Eric laughs.

"What?" Toby looks over at Rose and she shrugs.

"I was double majoring," She explains.

"In that and what else?" Toby sits down on the couch, across from Eric's set up.

"I was working on a major in computer programming," She shrugs.

"Yo what the fuck? You're like super smart then." Toby raises his eye brows, surprised she hadn't mentioned it before. If he was in her position he knew he'd be bragging about it.

"I wouldn't say that much. I did drop out after all." She frowns.

"She dropped out because she didn't have money for college and didn't want to take out a loan," Eric points out as he joins them on the couch.

"Is everything ready?" Rose asks, trying to get the conversation off of her.

"Yeah, I already ordered a bunch of different foods and shit on door dash so all of that will start arriving soon and I'll set it up before people start arriving." Eric shrugs.

"I thought you had a lot of money though?" Toby questions.

"Now I do, wish I would've had this back when I was first in college." Rose sighs softly.

"You could always go back," Toby offers.

"I could but I really don't think I could find the motivation for that anymore. I was only pursuing computer science because I was good at it. That stuff really tires me out," She shrugs.

Toby nods, not asking more questions because he could tell it was making her uncomfortable to be the center of attention.

Most of the night was a blur since they were getting cross faded. But a few different memories stood out.

The biggest one was Ezra dropping one of the bongs he brought and actually crying over it.

Eric ended up ordering more food because they had finished all the previous food he ordered, bringing the food bill to well over five hundred for the night.

There was one point where John and Jaren almost kissed but Jaren freaked out which in turn caused John to freak out because they didn't want to ruin each others friend ship.

Eric came out and said there was a girl he had started seeing casually but he was hoping for it to become something more serious. Everyone was pretty excited for him.

Matt showed up at some point with more weed and no one even questioned why he showed up, not that no one had invited him. Just he was across the country yesterday for a trip. They all quietly hoped he didn't fly back just so he could attend the party.

Rose had stayed close to Toby most of the night, as did David. And the only people who noticed it was John and Eric who knew they both had something for him. But Eric knew Rose would never do anything.

The party ended with everyone putting on some old youtube videos and and then cuddling and going to sleep.