Chapter 24

The evening was brisk and cold as we walked down the street together. We didn't say much, just looked around walked for a long time. Eventually he grabbed my hand and we walked back home. "I'm sorry, about last year, you have and will always be one of my best friends," I told him. Cedric smiled "this is going to be a great end of summer Ry, my dad got us tickets to the World Cup."

I was beyond excited, I can't believe we get to go to the World Cup. When we got back home, dinner was ready. In the end Remus just got food from some take out place, I think that was best for everyone. Dad and Amos were getting along great. The only thing missing was Harry. Over the first few weeks of summer we wrote quite a bit, but his awful aunt and uncle wouldn't let him leave to come visit. Dad said next time we can just take him from Hogwarts instead, he deserved to get away from them. After dinner we had some cookies and tea, and I went upstairs to get my trunk. I sat on my bed and looked out the window, and a few minutes later I heard a knock on my door. Dad walked in and sat beside me, I leaned into him and began to tear up a little. He held me and didn't let go until I pulled away. "Please be careful whatever your doing," I told him.

"Don't think for a minute i won't return home to see your beautiful face," he answered. I stood up took a look around the room I've stayed in since I was a little girl and then walked out holding my trunk. Remus waited at the bottom of the stairs for me and helped me with my trunk.

When we got it outside he stood beside me looking up at the night sky. "Have a good year at Hogwarts, and I better not get any letters home this year, seeing as I won't actually be there to give you detention," he said. I couldn't help but laugh, and I said the same thing to him as I did to dad. "I love you, and I do know how much you gave up for me so I guess I do owe you a huge thank you, be careful and I'll miss you so much." I kissed his cheek and got into the vehicle with Ced and his father. As we pulled out dad and Remus stood side by side waving me goodbye. I gave them a small smile and tried my best not to cry, I'm going to miss them more that anything, I breathed in heavily and looked out the window as we silently drove back to their home.