Snowflake

Millie was laying on her bed, taking a break from her hard studying; the days were quickly passing by, and the thought of her being the personal teacher of Finn Wolfhard was still a news for her.

After their "dates", things with him was slowly starting to change; he was always the usual moody jerk — especially when he had a bad day at work, but at least... he smiled a little more when they crossed their paths in the mansion. When she served him breakfast, he simply thanked her; when she needed to take a break to call her dad, he simply was okay with that.

Yes, their atypical relationship was finally doing progresses. And she was happy about it; maybe too happy. She still felt the lovely way he kissed her hand in the car, the marvelous feeling of swaying on the notes of that beautiful song while dancing with him in that square, the way he looked at her when she was wearing that wedding dress, their last party with that ride in the night, how he always touched her... making feel her unique.

And... all those fantasies she was doing. The dreams she was doing in those nights were seriously scary; she always dreamt of him. Every night. Or even when she was wide awake.

Her heart was really hurting, and that amazing and warm sensation was still in her stomach. Oh, how she hated him. How she despised him in the very beginning.

But the one who didn't touch trash danced with her in public.
The one who thought she was an object now was his kind of partner, almost friend.

Who would have thought!

She rolled on her mattress and stared at the ceiling, laughing uncontrollably, covering her eyes with her two tiny hands. She was happy, so joyful she could have reached the sky with just a finger.

Millie, what is happening to you?, she thought, while the feeling of him holding her hands was literally driving her crazy. She remembered how perfect his fingers were while they were intertwined with hers; how their hands were two puzzle pieces perfectly made to be connected.

Her happy and almost childish thoughts were interrupted by the sound of her ringtone. She grabbed the phone nervously and she looked at the name of the best person ever existed.

"Noah!"

"Millsters, my love! How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, Schnipper."

"Oh, I hear that... what is this silly tone of voice? Do you have to tell me something? You know I want to know all the tea!"

"There's no tea. I'm just... feeling good. And how are you?" she said while biting her lips.

Well, it was not completely true; she purposely omitted the fact she was hanging out with Finn just to help him to get his fiancée back... but those were unnecessary details.

"I'm good. My manager got me some events and I have some shootings to do. I can't wait. And how is it going with Mr. Unknown? How did the party go?"

"Noah... Nothing is happening with anybody. I'm just happy! And I'm so proud of you, can wait to see you on the W magazine someday!" she said enthusiastically, and she purposely omit the details
of that night.

"You are a terrible liar. I thought you were hanging out with that dude, the gardener!"

"Yeah, no." she chuckled, trying not to think of him.

Since Finn screamed at her that night, Conor really didn't call her back and avoided her most of the time in the mansion. She hadn't seen him anymore. Neither in the garden, neither in the domestic quarters. He had simply disappeared.