Where I belong

When the December moon was up in the sky, and the stars danced around it, shining bright, the dark came, as its cloak was wrapping the atmosphere.

In his apartments, the young CEO was checking himself in the mirror, while Gaten and Caleb, his trustworthy collaborators, were helping him to get ready; each of them could hear the guests coming in, the sounds of the expensive cars parking, and feel the anxiety rising in the prince styled bedroom.

With a hand, he fixed delicately some of raven curls, that time perfectly styled, and his Prada tuxedo with a black silky bow tie on it; in the complex, he thought he was awful. He didn't even know how someone could force him to wear that outfit.

"I feel so... fucking stupid." Finn let out with disappointment, still looking at himself.

"Mr. Wolfhard, we are sure your girlfriend will appreciate you. You've never worn something this elegant before." Gaten said, while dusting his shoulders, and showing him a reassuring smile.

Even if admitting it was hard, the CEO was relieved that he wasn't completely alone; the company of those two dumb asses (as he always called them), was the only thing which was keeping him sane that night. To them, was just a normal party, a way to escape from their boring ordinary life.

Gaten couldn't wait to kiss his Lilia again, his girlfriend; he seriously couldn't wait to marry her. Caleb just wished he could see Finn's secretary again, as she was invited too for the big event.

"It's too fucking black." Finn snorted, looking around the room.

And suddenly, he remembered Millie's dress, and an idea came to his mind. He quickly walked to a vase of roses — one of the plenty there were in his bedroom — and, after cutting carefully the stern, he placed the fresh blood rosebud in his pocket.

Finn sketched a smile, "How about it?"

"Man, it seems you are going to marry, Sir." Gaten said, chuckling amused and elbowing Caleb, who tried so hard not to laugh.

"Well, this is the main intention, dumb ass." Finn retorted, making them laugh. The curly boy simply smiled and nodded, looking at the hour.

It was nine p.m. People were waiting for him.
Millie should have been already downstairs greeting the guests, and Grace would have arrived later, making her prima donna entry, of course.

"Well," Finn said again, grinning nervously to his employees, "wish me luck."

"Of course, Sir."

Caleb smiled, clearly trying so contain his happy expression; Gaten was strangely in a good mood for all of that night. Something was clearly going on, but Finn simply didn't notice it.

He began to walk anxiously down the corridor, reaching the double staircase which led to the first floor. Looking in front of him, the door of Lilia's room suddenly opened — she was the only one who could have the bedroom on the fancy third floor. Finn raised an eyebrow.

What the fuck? Who the fuck is there?, he thought, ready to kill the person who was quitting the room — he thought he was a thief or something.

Finn grabbed a candelabra near him - the most closest object he could grab, and quite useless too, walking towards that figure.