Chapter 10: New House, 18th birthday

It was sunday and it was Spencer's 18th birthday and at Abby's house, Spencer was in the living room reading a ESPN magazine and four days prior, he had watched the Bruins defeat the Canucks in the Stanley Cup finals and that made him feel better since the Canucks beat the Blackhawks in the first round back in April, then the Canuck Fans rioted which made him laugh as Abby came downstairs with Vivi.

"Hey, Spencer. Are you ready to head out?" Abby asked.

"Just wondering, where are we headed?" Spencer wondered, not knowing what his mother had up her sleeve and even Vivi knew what the surprise was.

"It's a surprise, just like when mom surprised you with the Chevy Express 3500 van when you graduated from high school." Vivi told him.

"All righty." Spencer said, he was still wondering what his mother had up her sleeve this time, they left the house and minutes later, they were approaching a house on the southeast corner of Bryn Mawr Avenue and Panama Avenue and it was nearly 19,000 square feet and the house had eight bedrooms and 9 bathrooms and they pulled up into the driveway and parked near the entrance and the driveway was on Bryn Mawr Avenue.

"Mom, Vivi that's a cool looking house. Who is the lucky person that owns this wonderful house?" Spencer asked.

"You do!" Abby and Vivi both answered with smiles on their faces.

"Are you serious?" Spencer asked, with shock and surprise, then a grin was on his face.

"Yes, i'm serious, this is now your house. Remember i entered you in a contest several months back where you had to be 17 and older? This house and cash for life were the prizes offered and you won the contest and in addition, you've won a RV, which is built by Prevost." Abby answered.

"I don't know what to say..." Spencer said.

"You don't have to say anything. Let' s check out your house, big bro." Vivi said.

Abby, Spencer and Vivi all got out of the vehicle and walked into the house and the they were at the grand foyer with a staircase, the first level aka the main level had a living room, dining room and a kitchen and a bedroom and on the second level, there were four bedrooms and one was a master bedrooms with a deck that oversaw the backyard and in addition, there was a family room and laundry room. and there was a third level that had a bedroom, the basement had three bedrooms, a theater room, recreation room and a game room with an indoor pool near the backyard that had a patio and grill and it gave a great view of the lake.

"What do you think?" Abby asked her son. "I was originally gonna wait until monday to surprise you, but your grandmother suggested that i surprise you with this house this sunday."

"This is so awesome!" Spencer exclaimed as he threw his arms around Abby. "I love you, mom!"

"I love you too, sweetheart." Abby responded, giving her son a hug back. "The girls' families all pitched in to help bring furniture to the house between friday and saturday."

"So what's happening for this weekend?" Spencer asked.

"This week we are gonna be heading to Uncasville, Connecticut to compete at Starpower at the Mohegan Sun resort and next week, we'll be in Tinley Park before we head to Las Vegas, Los Angeles and finally Lake Tahoe for Nationals."

"That sounds good to me and maybe we can hold Thanksgiving here at my house." Spencer suggested. "What do you think?"

"Sounds like a really great idea." Abby said. "And maybe one day, we can have a pool party here."

"That would be great."

"Also, with an indoor pool, we could swim year round." Vivi added.

"You're right about that, that is the advantage of having a indoor pool." Abby told her daughter.