Chapter 17: Day Off, Nationals

The next day, a taxi van was sitting and it was going to take Abby, Spencer, Vivi and the girls to the park and the girls were already in the van after the moms made sure they got in, then Abby and Vince were about to get in until Christi approached them.

"Abby, Vince, can i talk to you two for a second?" Christi asked.

"Sure, Christi, what's going on?" Abby wondered as she and Spencer went to talk to Christi.

"When Chloe was rehearsing this week, she told me she wanted to quit dance. She said she didn't want to dance anymore." Christi said as Abby and Spencer scoffed.

"Well, we have a whole group of kids and we're about to head out and do something." Spencer told her. "So..."

"I know that, but i wanted you two to be aware on what is going on with her." Christi stated.

"That's all right, when we come back later on tonight and if she wants to quit, there is a whole list of kids who'd love to fill that void. Besides, it's like my mom always says, Everyone's replaceable." Spencer said, then Christi walked back to the hotel. "Ready to roll to the park?"

"Yeah." Abby replied as she and her son got into the van, which pulled out of the driveway of the hotel and a few minutes later, they arrived at the Thomas F. Regan Memorial Park and in the girls hands were blankets to sit in the grass.

"This is beautiful." Maddie said, looking at the lake and mountains.

"It is." Paige agreed.

"And it's a work of art when you look at it." Vivi commented.

"You bet and Miss Abby brought Spencer here a few times when he was little." Mackenzie stated. "Vince told us the stories."

"Nature is so amazing." Brookie said.

"I went on the ferry once." Chloe told them. "It was fun."

"Me too." Nia added.

"We brought you here because we are so tired of being stuck in a hotel ballroom at a competition, so sit and enjoy the view." Spencer told the girls.

"We're already loving it." Vivi said.

"Glad to know. Chloe, can you come with me and Vince? We want to talk to you and if you wondering, you're not in trouble." Abby assured as Chloe got up and walked with her and Vince.

"Chloe, your mother was telling us that you had a break down in rehearsal yesterday and you told her that you didn't want to dance anymore." Spencer stated.

"Spencer, Miss Abby, i'm not going to lie to you, I feel like that it's a lot of rehearsal because we go from early in the morning to late at night, learning new dances and i just feel like that is a lot." Chloe admitted as Abby and Spencer listened.

"Your mother thinks you don't want to ever dance again." Abby said to Chloe.

"I just told my mom that i want to take a break for a while." Chloe told them.

"That's all right, everyone needs a break once in a while." Spencer said. "But remember, we have a whole long list of kids that really want to be in this group, people who want to do duets with Maddie."

"You are our first choice and we believe you are really born to dance." Abby added.

"Miss Abby, Vin, do yo think i'll be able to make it on broadway or become a rockette someday?" Chloe asked.

"Absouletly and as long as you put your mind to it, anything can happen and the confidence level has to be over the top as also, in the words of Kevin Garnett, Anything is possible and if you keep listening to us and do what we tell you, it can happen." Spencer stated, then he and Abby wrapped an arm around Chloe as they walked back to the other girls and Abby and Vince sat on a bench.