Chapter 4

Cameron POV ( 3 Months Later )

I sit in my office deep in thought. Aleyah and I are supposedly done. How crazy is that huh? I have a place of my own not far from here, and I must say I'm having withdrawals. I suggested we just see other people until this divorce was final, and of course she would be okay with it. No surprise considering she had guys, even her patients practically swooning over her. I pull the wedding ring from my pocket. I can't help but carry it around with me, even though we're not together anymore. I just couldn't deal with the constant arguing and whatnot. Maybe we weren't ready like she said. Of course Madelyn wasn't okay with it. She resents both of us. Speaking of her, she has her first recital today and I promised I would be there. I hate this whole break up thing for Nolan and her.

"Mr. Phillips, are you alright?" Mindy says. How long had she been standing there. "You look really upset. In deep thought."

"Oh uh, I'm alright. Just a lot on my mind."

"Well Aleyah and the kids are on the elevator on their way to see you. And here is your portfolio on Mr. Blake Schaeffer." Not only my business rival, but the asshole from the County fair, whom is seeing Aleyah so he says. I could kill that prick. But who am I to get jealous. I'm dating someone else too, Maria Santiago, she's a Victoria Secret Angel.

"Alright. Thanks Mindy."

"No problem."

"Hey Daddy." Madelyn runs in along with Nolan. I quickly pull them into a hug.

"Hey kiddos." I smile.

"Dada wook at tis." Nolan says showing me his lollipop. Must be from Judy.

"Did you tell her thank you."

"Yes." He nods. I look up to see Aleyah on her phone. I take the time to examine her outfit. She had on a black leather dress. Barely any makeup, besides some lipstick, and eyeliner and she had a new color hilights in her hair, to compliment her big curls. My breath caught in my throat.

"Yes sir, take two every six hours. No problem. Thank you. Bye bye." she finally looks at me, only to look away.

"Daddy, are you still gonna come see me dance tonight?"

"I would not miss it for the world baby." I kiss her cheek.

"We're gonna go see Grampa." she smiles pulling Nolan out of the room, leaving Aleyah and I alone.

"I'll be back to pick them up in about two hours." she turns to leave, I grab her hand.

"That's it?"

"We have nothing to say to each other. Remember? You threw those divorce papers at me if I recall correctly." she snatches her hand away.

"And who is to blame for that?"

"You. I mean you do always walk out on me. Not the first time."

"You don't seem to care when you're posing for pictures with that son a bi-"

"Oh please Cameron. You suggest we see other people, and then disapprove of it. What? Because he's not a model? I do like a man that doesn't puke after every meal, and who's not half naked for anyone but me." she smiles deviously. "You should know more than anyone how I like my men." I clench my teeth together. She'd indeed gotten under my skin like always.

"Yeah prick's that bruises you up whenever they want." I say referring to Mitchell. She slaps me.

"You arrogant asshole." she spins on her heels and walk away. I guess I deserved that. But what can I say? I still care.