Chapter 15

Just a small update... But theres gonna be more tomorrow or maybe later tonight
***************

Aleyah POV

"So my birthday is tomorrow." Cameron comes up behind me while I was doing laundry. He wraps his arms around my waist and trails kisses from my ear to my shoulder. "What am I getting from ya?"

"Well," I smile turning to face him. "what does the birthday boy want?"

"I want you. Wrapped up in a big red bow." he bites his lip and sits me on the washer. "But I wouldnt mind an early gift. Right here. In the laundry room." he says between kisses.

"Mmmm. I bet so."

"Aleyah- Oh shit. Sorry." Tiffany walks in. "I was just wondering if youd like to come get your nails done with me."

"She's fine." Cameron snaps.

"Cam." I reason. "Yes I would like to. Let me just put this last load in." I lightly push Cameron off. He turns and leave, bumping Tiffany on his way out. Im guessing he was mad.

"I really didnt mean to mess anything up." Tiffany says as we walk into the nail salon. I pick out a teal nail polish.

"Its alright. He'll get over it."

After having small talk and getting our nails done we decided to go to Starbucks for a little snack and lattes.

"Gosh Aleyah. You have no idea how lucky you are. You're living the American dream. Two beautiful kids, a good looking wealthy husband. A big house. Fancy cars. With a Golden Retriever your life would be picture perfect." she laughs. But I can tell it wasn't out of humor. More to keep from crying.

"I would not say perfect." I smile a bit.

"Hell of a lot better than mine. I work at iHop. I make money from ruining people's relationship. My family hates me. And here I am, sitting here with you. I was supposed to hate you Aleyah. You took the only person that ever made me happy. But I can't hate you. You're so much better for him. You're beautiful. Your body is perfection. I was mad at first, even tried to get rid of you but I couldn't do that to Cameron when I thought about it. I was so mean to him. Basically used him, but he meant something to me ya know? I didn't deserve him, and even though I would love to be you, I'm so glad it's you and not me." She shrugs tears in her eyes.

"Tiffany, don't say that. My relationship with Cameron is anything but perfect. We fight all the time, and we don't even get along like it seems like we do. We're still basically going through a divorce. Trust me it's nothing perfect about us."

"You have him though. And two beautiful kids that look like him. You're so lucky. Like you don't even know." she shakes her head, taking a sip of her latte.

"I'm sorry." I blurt. "I didn't know he meant so much to you. Whatever happened back in his school with us while y'all were dating or whatever was stupid and just unlike me."

"Everything happens for a reason girl, it's okay. Maybe that door closed so a better door will open."

"You're right." I nod. I felt bad to be honest. Going after her boyfriend and whatnot. It made me feel low. Trashy. Dirty. Slutty. I feel like.... Like Arianna.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Just a little something something. COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT Please.