Chapter 21

Writing this, I got a little emotional ya guys lol. So the moment you all have been waiting for... Only in Aleyah's POV.... CHAPTER 21!!!!! 

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Aleyah POV

“Mama, what’s that sign say?” Madelyn points as we were on our way to the local gas station. She and Nolan sat in the backseat of the rental car staring out the window. I was sure they’d be asleep because of the long flight here.

“It says, ‘Welcome to Texas’.”

“This is Texless?”

“Texas. And yes it is.”

“It’s so empty.”

“Well that’s because it’s the country.”  I laugh a bit. It felt weird to be here, considering I’ve spent the last like five years in sunny California. A change of scenery never hurt anyone. Okay, maybe coming out here without telling Cameron wasn’t the best idea but he honestly deserves it. I would never go as far as getting oral sex from someone else. He didn’t even ask me for it. Maybe the answer  would have been no, but there’s always other things we could do.

“How come Daddy couldn’t come?”

“He just needs to stay home by himself for a little.” I shake my head glancing in the rearview; she had a puzzled look on her face.

“Are you mad at him?”

“No baby girl, that’s an understatement.” I pull into the gas station, and my phone rings. “Shit.”

“Mommy, don’t say bad words.” Nolan gasps.

“I meant shoot. Sorry. Hello?”

“Aleyah, where are you?” My mom says. “You have Cameron worried sick.”

“Mom, all due respect, I’m a grown woman, I don’t need you or Cameron worrying about my whereabouts, and as for my kids, they’re perfectly safe with me.”

“He is your husband Aleyah!”

“Well do me a solid Mom, and remind him of that!” I hang up, I’m not in the mood for any bullshit honestly. After pumping the gas, I drive at least thirty more minutes before pulling into My Gramgrams house in Fletcherville, Texas. “Okay grab your bags guys.” I get out and grab my bag, and waited for them. 

"Aleyah?" Gram-Gram asks upon opening the door. "Oh my goodness. Look at you, and the babies!" She squeals, squatting and pulling Nolan and Maddy into a hug. 

"Hey Gram-Gram." I smile. She was the only thing Texas that made it feel safe enough to call home.

"What brings you here; from the coast to the country?" she says chruning some butter to rub on my belly. Maddy and Nolan were asleep after a good dinner, in my old bedroom where I stayed whenever I came to visit.

"Change of scenery." I lie.

"Why didn't you bring your Richie Rich with you?" she laughs at her own joke. "I'm sure he would've had a private jet to land in my backyard." I just laugh with her.

"I don't know." I shrug looking away.

"Wanna tell the truth this time?" She lifts my shirt as I lay back and dips a towel into the warm butter. I just told her everything tears falling.

"Ya know G.G., I thought that after I called off the whole divorce crap that we would be fine for a while." She just continues to rub the towel over my belly.