Chapter 8

Cameron POV

Aleyah had fallen asleep on the couch after we ate and I gave her the pill for her pain. Maddy and Nolan are with my parents for the night. Guess it's time to go for the kill. I lift her from the couch and carry her to my bed.

"Aleyah..." I get on top of her and kiss her neck. Her eyes open slowly.

"Cameron, what are you doing?" She giggles.

"I'm taking care of my woman." I smile.

"Your woman huh?"

"Yes my woman. My queen. My everything. Mine. Mine. Mine." I say in between kisses on her neck and chest. She doesn't say anything. I sit up and look down at her. She just stares into my eyes. Wrapping her arms around my neck, she pulls me down and for the first time in what feels like forever, she kisses me. I take full advantage and bite on her lip until she opens her mouth allowing my tongue to slip in. She moans.

"Ouch, my ankle." she pulls away.

"Sorry." I get off of her. I just lay next to her and sigh. There was a long silence.

"Cameron..."

"Yeah?"

"Do you think that things could've gotten better between us ya know if-"

"Yes. I do. And maybe I just needed to be without you for a while to see how much I really need you."

"Yeah. Same here. I miss you." she says softly. I prop on my arm and face her. She just keeps her eyes on the ceiling. I grab her hand and kiss her palm.

"I miss you."

"Blake is great and all but he's no you." she shakes her head. I just listen because I know there's more coming. "Cam, I have a patient named Mr. Loraine. I told him about us and you know what he said." her voice cracked. "When your tail light on your car is broken, you don't go get a new car. You just fix the tail light." she frowns. "We're the tail light Cameron. Getting a new car isn't the best idea anymore. It hurts." she began crying. "I didn't put all that time and effort into us for nothing. We have so much more to accomplish together. Maybe marriage happened too soon but I don't want to be with anyone else, and I sure as hell don't want anyone else with you." she cries. I just pull her into my body and hold her. Deep in thought. I mean she is drugged up right now because of that medication. So I don't want to put my heart on my sleeve and this be the medicine talking. So I will just wait until morning. After a while her sniffling turned into light snoring. And I just held her. The dead arm and wet shirt was definitely worth it.

When I woke up, my heart sank. And just like my heart, my bed was cold and empty. She wasn't there.

Aleyah POV

I felt really bad for just leaving Cameron this morning, but I couldn't stick around. I mean he didn't even say anything back. Maybe he didn't love me like I thought. I was currently at Rayna's because I didn't want him to find me. I couldn't face him. Especially after up and leaving this morning, and to make matters worse, he's called me like eight times already in the past hour, and text me a million times. I just turn my phone off, and watch Leilanni, Maddy, and Nolan play with the building blocks in the middle of the floor.

"Here ya go boo." Rayna hands me a cup of water to take my pill with.

"Thanks."

"So, you gonna talk to him or no?"

"Not now."

"I mean you do have two kids by him, how would that even work?"

"Simple. Whenever he calls, I'll just give the phone to Maddy."