Chapter 22

Lol, I see that you guys hate cliffhangers... I'm making this a lot shorter than the others but I will make the next chapter reeeaaalllyyyyyyy long... but back to the book!!! 

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Cameron POV

Sitting in the Fletcherville Hospital began to kill me minute by minute. Aleyah still hasn't waken up, and it's just a bittersweet feeling. Sweet because she just looks so peaceful, and undisturbed, and bitter... well because we lost the baby. I'm honestly dreading telling her. It's just gonna add fuel to the already burning fire. Like clockwork her eyes slowly open.

"Cameron?" she says looking around like she was lost. 

"I'm gonna take Maddy and Nolan to get something to eat." Her G.G. says exiting the room with the kids hurriedly.

"Why am I attached to all these machines? Why am I here?" she yells panicking. "Where's my G.G? And Maddy and Nolan."

"Baby, calm down okay?" I walk over to her side. I grab her hand. "They're getting something to eat. You just have to stay here for a little minute okay. Everythings gonna be alright." I said more to assure myself than her.

"No we need to get out of here. We're fine. Me and the ba-." She looks down at her stomach. I felt my eyes burn, as her brown eyes widen."Cameron, where's my baby?" she whispers. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. "Cameron!" she yells. The heart monitor beeping began to get faster and faster. I bite my lip, anything to keep from looking weak and breaking down. Doctors rush in, as she began pulling at the wires stuck to her body. "Where's my baby!" she yells crying. 

"Calm down miss please!" One of the doctors says grabbing her hand. She just continued to scream as they tried to hold her still. I just drop my head squeezing my eyes shut. 

"Cameron, they're hurting me!" she sobs. I couldn't see her like this, it made my stomach hurt. 

"Aleyah, I'm sorry." I kept my head down, and walk out the room. What could I do? She was further harming herself. I sit in a chair outside the room, and finally just let it go. It hurts. I mean it was an innocent baby. She still screams. Calling my name. Making me feel even more shitty. I just knew this was my fault. And the guilt began to eat me alive. 

Aleyah POV

The ride home from the airport in California was silent. I felt numb. My body was stiff, the only thing I could really feel was the pain in my heart. It was like losing a part of me, never have I ever pictured losing a baby. I clutch the baby blue ceramic vase tighter. As if the ashes inside was gonna fix all of this. Everyone at the stupid hospital, and airport gave me sympathetic looks. But I don't need sympathy, I give myself enough of that. I stare straight ahead, not wanting to make eye contact with Cameron. I knew I was gonna snap sooner or later. Because holding all of this in seems like mission impossible. I tighten my fist as we pulled up at home. He carried sleeping Maddy and Nolan to the front door. I wasn't ready to go in. A few minutes he came back out and opened my door.

"Aleyah." he reaches for my hand. 

"Cameron, don't touch me." I say as calmly as I can.

"I know you're still upset, but sitting in the car all night won't solve anything." he steps aside. I get out the car, and slowly make my way to the front door. Him close behind. I walk into the kitchen and just take a deep breath, sitting the vase on the countertop. I turn around to see he had followed me.

"What the hell do you want Cameron?"

"I'm just making sure you're okay Al-" I slap him.

"Don't. Where were you when I wasn't huh?" I felt my eyes water. I didn't want to cry but this is the last person I wanted to feel sorry for me. 

"I was at home, wanting to fix things! You ran to Texas, might I add with my kids, and now one of them is gone Aleyah!"

"Shut up! Shut up!" I push him. 

"No, you need to hear it! We have to other children to worry about, and how can you do that when you're throwing pity parties all day?"  he yells. I began to throw things at him.

"This is your fucking fault!" I throw glasses and stuff. 

"And it's every bit of yours as it is mine Aleyah! You ran away like you always do when we have a problem!"

"Fuck you!" I pull a knife from the drawer and charge at him. He just grabs my wrist, but I was determined to make him feel my pain.

"Stop."

"Mommy!" I heard Madelyn scream. "Stop it!" she cries. Cameron grabs it from my hands, and I just drop to the floor sobbing.

"Maddy go upstairs." Cameron says. 

"No, I don't want you to fight with Mommy."

"Dammit Maddy just go upstairs!" he yells slamming the knife on the counter. I pull my knees to my chest and lean against the wall.

"What did I do to deserve this?" I cry. He sits across from me, against the island. 

"I'm so sorry." he shakes his head. "I really am. But don't you think this hurts me too?" he looks down. "It does Aleyah, it hurts me too." his voice cracks. But nothing he said could make this better for us. 

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

COMMENT YA GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!