-real life

last trigger warning! summary at the end of chapter as always!

♛♛♛

chris and tom had spent the night at the hospital at bailey's bedside.

the rest of the group came early next morning with food and fresh clothing. chris had fallen asleep with his head beside her body on her bed, and tom had fallen asleep beside her with his arms wrapped tightly around her freezing body.

seb brought his hand to chris' back and gently woke him up, to say chris was delirious was an understatement. to say he wished the previous day was just some sick dream was an understatement- but, much to his dismay, it was all too real.

the doctors came in and talked to chris, they wanted to let tom rest. his dark bags under his eyes were more than evident, so they talked in the hallway.

they explained if bailey was a donor, that she could help save other people's lives. chris knew she wouldn't have wanted anything else so he of course, accepted. he could feel a hand rest on his shoulder, but when he turned- no one was there.

they had explained that the effects of the anorexia wore down on her heart and weakened it- ultimately causing her congestive heart failure.

katie hesitantly woke tom up and helped him into the bathroom so he could refresh while the doctors came in and prepped bailey to be unplugged from the life support.

chris had paced the room until tom came out, and the group knew it was time for them to say their goodbyes.

they each went one by one, katie and nora had to go in together. then it was scarlett. then seb. then rdj. then tom, whom didn't speak a word- just made sure she looked comfortable and left her with a kiss on the forehead.

and then it was chris.

he felt the velvet box in his pocket dig into his thigh as he walked in, and he pulled it out. he grasped the ring between his fingers and slipped it onto her boney fingers.

"i'll love you forever, bailey evans. i know my heart will never be the same, but i also know that you would want nothing more than for me to find peace and happiness. and i'll fight like hell, but god you're my supergirl." his voice cracked and he cradled her head in his hands.

his pressed his lips to her lifeless ones in a final goodbye before the doctors came back in. one by one the group watched them unplug every machine from her body and stayed until she took her last breath.

while her heart stopped and left her friends and families shattered, they all unanimously knew that she didn't feel trapped anymore. and they knew she would finally feel peace in her body, that was okay with them.

and that was the end for her.

♛♛♛

holy FUCK i'm not okay

but i promise once i post the next two chapters, it will all make sense

summary: the doctors explain how bailey's heart stopped and tell chris that they would had to have to unplug her. he knew it's what bailey would have wanted. they all said their goodbyes and eventually bailey passes away.