Chapter One: London

Denise caught herself rethinking every plan she had already set up. She was just lying on her bed which was completely filled with open travelling bags and scattered clothes. On her bedroom floor were scraps of old college memories. The only part of her room that wasn’t piled with junk was her walls which had faded green wallpaper. The door was even open so if anyone saw her room, they would definitely take a step back and just shout, “WHOA!”

                She didn’t care about her extremely messy excuse for a bedroom, obviously. It’s even clear that she forgot she was packing up for her departure in a few hours.

                Her chain of thought was only broken by the sound of her laptop beeping. She quickly sat up and raced towards a table at the end of her room. She flicked her index finger on the touch pad and the screen lit up revealing a message from her sister, Princess.

Hey little sis, have you finished packing up? Your plane leaves in a few hours. You should be hailing a cab and heading to the airport by now.

- Princess x

                “Oh crap,” she cursed after reading the message. She then turned around and realized what a mess her room is. Hell, if her sister was with her, she would definitely be screwed up with Princess’s shouts of “Clean that up!” and “Fix your things!” Plus, she had to catch her plane. She rolled her eyes and started picking up all the junk and throwing them into an empty bag. She sent clothes, accessories, books and loads of other stuff that she thought she needed or can’t leave without flying through the air. She’d occasionally stare at a few stuff and then throw it away while saying “Don’t need this”, “Don’t need that” or “I had no idea I owed that shit”.

                After the last piece of junk was sorted, she heard another beep from her laptop. At first she didn’t want to check it out because it could be her sister again but she eventually had to go get her laptop before she leaves.

She walked lazily towards it, peeks at the sender’s name and gasped.

New Message from Anonymous

                It was her internet friend, Anonymous. They’ve been talking to each other for 5 years but only through Twitter, Tumblr and e-mail. They’ve considered themselves as extremely close friends even though they have no idea what either of them looks like or even their names. But there was something special about their friendship that was unable to stop them from talking to each other day-in and day-out. They were anonymously best friends.

                She quickly opened the message in excitement.

Hey, I just saw you online. What are you doing during this hot afternoon?

                “It’s seven in the evening,” she said before realizing they had different time zones. But that was when she remembered she had not told her friend that she was moving to London. London, the only place she had dreamt of going since she was a little girl. Now she was 19 and legal, she can actually live there.

She then typed in a response, I’m flying to London in a few hours.

London? Really? How long will you be staying there?

“Why did I even say exactly where I was going?” she asked herself, “Oh well.” My plan is actually living there.

There was a short pause. Then there was an obviously enthusiastic reply, WHOA REALLY? I LIVE IN LONDON!

Wow, they’ve been talking to each other for 5 years and Denise just found out now where her friend lives. But she asked herself again, “I wonder why we never talked about our locations before today.”