1

“Ew, you're ugly”

“I thought you were dead”

“Slut”

When will they stop this shit?’  I asked myself, wiping the tears that was about to drop. I kept on walking to my locker, looking down ignoring the names they called me. As if it was not for me.

“You better stop calling names before I make you stop,” Growled a girl.

Maria Lan.

“Maria, stop. You're catching the attention,” I whispered, almost screaming. Students that were standing near us was now staring at us waiting for Maria to start a fight. She was well known of the 'gangster' in this school and pretty much owned the school.

“I don't care, this bitch needs to know how to behave their mouths.” she louder her voice that made them scared to looked at her knowing well that, that was a way how she was warning them and telling them to get out of her views. Eventually the ‘bitch’  backed off and glared at me for the last time.

“Wendy, you need to do something about this. Why would you let them do this to you?” Maria looked at me, with worried in her voice. Her eyes did looked sad looking at me sympthetically. She cared and was the only person that was there helping me going through shit I thought I never would. I couldn't imagine how terrifyingly horrible my life would be if she was not there, standing up for me.

She waved her hand, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“It's okey Maria. I'm used to it and you know that right?" I forced a smile. It was fake, and she always knew that, which was hard for me. I couldn't fake or even hide a single thing from her. She knew me so well that she could possibly know what would I do after school even if it was not plan.

“Wendy, this is not okey. You are not okey. You need to at least do something about this.” she responded.

I sighed. I couldn't help but spilled a tear. I'm so sensitive when it cames to this topic and it made me looked so stupid.

“What can I do? Changing school? Again? No Maria. I'm so tired of meeting new people,” I fought back the tear wiping it with the end of my sleeves. “What?! No! I didn't ask you to change school. What I mean is, you need to fight back. Don't let them take you down just because they calls you names. I can't stand looking at you like this. Defeated just by words.” she answered. I tried to think of an excuse, but then nothing came out from my mouth.

‘Embarrassing’  I thought.

Okey, let me start by introducing myself and my life here. I'm Wendy Antonio, 18. And yes, was going to graduate this year. I had this short at the back and long at the front hairstyles, dyed red at the end of it along with the bangs too. I lived with my ignorance father and a caring mother with a so-called brother, Elbert. I didn't even know where was he at the time but I didn't really gave a fuck. The asian girl who was standing in front of me right now is Maria, the only close friend of mine. She was a bit over protective of me as you can see. I've been bullied, beaten and stuff like that. I've also self-harmed—but has stopped now—but that none of you guys concern anyway.

Fortunately the bell rang for the second time meaning that we needed to get to our next class. I looked at Maria who was standing there next to my locker waiting for an answer and I just sighed. “Let's just go get to our next period okey?” I persuaded, changing the topic.

She looked at me sadly.

A small ‘Fine’ came out of her lips and I smiled. Feeling relief that she didn't dwell more about the subject previously. I hated it when it comes to talking about my problems. It made me go crazy and sometimes it made me feel sensitive and just want to burst into tears.