Backspace

The door cracked open as Sonic twisted the door knob, stepping inside of the house he once owned. The wooden house is located deep into the Mystic ruins and is hard to spot because of its dark wood coating.

He stepped inside, the sunset lighting up the empty house from the doorway. Dusty and cold, but the feeling alone of coming home is enough for the hedgehog to feel comfort.

Every step he make- the floor creaks as well as some dust jumps up along. Sonic scanned the room he approaches. The house is covered in wooden walls, flooring and ceiling that forms upwards in a triangle. One or two loggs placed over the ceiling for support. He walks in the living room, looking over all the dusty picture frames hanging on the wall. He picked up one that stands on the light wooden commode underneath the frames. Blowing away the dust, as well as wiping off the rest with his hand. A familiar face popped out with his bright colors and blue eyes. “Miles…?” A young kitsune is smiling brightly at the camera that took this picture. His fingers up a peace sign, eyes reflecting in the sun. “He looks so happy..”

Sonic scanned over the other pictures as well, seeing the fox multiple times. “He and I were friends- that is something that I already know, but…” He focused his gaze on the smiling fox in the frame. “What made things go so- wrong?”

He placed the picture back down on the commode, making his way up the stairs that is located further into the room. Two doors and railings so that one can’t fall down from the second floor. He tried opening the first door, but it wouldn’t budge. He peeked through the keyhole, narrowing his eye to get a better view. He could catch a small glimpse of the room; messy and most of the furniture is damaged due to experiments and what seems like rage. “If me and Miles lived with each other, that must probably be his room” He talked to himself, standing up and walking towards the other door. Unlocked, he twisted the knob and stepped inside. Peeking from the door, Sonic looked in what seems like his own room. “Man, I haven’t been here in ages…”

A singular bed with dark blue, messed up sheets, pillow on the ground, a few empty boxes of Chaos cola and a commode. A few blankets covered the ground. “Yup, this is a total mess” Sonic chuckled to himself, letting go of the door and stepped in. He slumped down on the bed and laid his arms behind his head- sighing. “I forgot how comfortable this bed was” He said with a smile.

The morning sunlight covered the room with a bright, yellow shine. He opened his eyes, blinking to the sudden brightness of the room. He sat up, stretching. “Miles told me that I need to go to the first place that comes to mind when I think of him. This is the place I think of- he must have left a hint here somewhere…” Sonic mumbled, walking out of his room.

He searched for any notes in the living room, bathroom, kitchen- he stopped. His eyes gazed to the fridge. There hangs a small note attached with a magnet that looks like Green Hill. He took it down and opened the note. But there is something different about this than the others he have gotten- this one is beige in color, crumbled and looks a few years old. It read:

Dear Sonic.

You may or may not wonder where I am right now, but I am long gone. I am going to tell you why;
For a few years now I have been hiding something from you. I tried to tell you yesterday, that I needed help- but you didn’t listen to me- nor did you help…
Still, my mind is set to you and only you, but-

I am insane Sonic, a murderer. I killed those mobians in the Science school, I am the one who did all of those maniac experiments on them- and I am sorry! I just can’t stop… It’s like quitting eating chili dogs completely- you can’t imagine that right? That’s how I feel about my situation…

Sonic- I hope to become sane one day, but don’t get your hopes up. I pray, dream and hope that you won’t forget me… But a part of me know you will-
Call me one day by the name I love so much, to show me you haven’t forgotten- will you?