Chapter 4

Beca is setting up her music equipment for her first night playing at BELLAS when she looks over to find Chloe reading a story with Jax sitting on her lap. Beca smiles and watches her two favorite people interacting with one another. The sound of Jax's laugh was very rarely heard but when Beca heard it boy did she love hearing her brother laugh.

"When did you get a kid?"Stacie asked giving Chloe the latest reports for the Club.

"I'm helping watch Jax while Beca spins for the club tonight, Jax can you say Hello to Stacie?"Chloe asked

"Hi Stacie."Jax waves shyly hiding his face in Chloe's chest.

"Looks like the kids likes your boobies. Hey just like his big sister."Stacie teases. Chloe glares at her friend

"Get back to work Stacie."Chloe laughs

"Yes Boss. By the way Lover Girl over is totally admiring you. It's pretty sickening how sweet you two are ."Stacie says Chloe turns her head and sees Beca watching them. Chloe blushes and winks at her. Beca blows her a kiss and gets back to setting up her equipment.

As the night drags on Chloe lays Jax on the comfy sofa in her office and places a blanket over him as she tucks him to sleep she looks out from below her office and sees everyone in the club dancing and enjoying Beca's mixes she smiles proudly and suddenly the door is slammed open in her office she quickly looks over to see Aubrey making a commanding entrance. Chloe scoffs and rolls her eyes kneeling down to shush Jax back to sleep.

"What in the...wait a second Who's the kid? And why did you hire Beca as your DJ what was wrong with Donald?"Aubrey asked

"Okay first of all I don't remember welcoming you into my office. Secondly don't you dare raise your voice at me as if you have any authority in MY club, and Thirdly Keep it quiet Jax is sleeping."Chloe scolds placing a kiss on Jax's head and turns to face Aubrey.

"This girl is using you Chloe."Aubrey crosses her arms.

"No She's not. I hired Beca myself because I like her taste in music and if you hadn't noticed my business is doing great because of what she contributes to this place. And again YOU have no opinion on how I run things in my business."Chloe stands firmly.

"Chloe can you imagine what your father would say if he knew you were getting involved with someone like her."Aubrey says

"I don't care what my father says who doesn't have a say in who I get to fall in love with. It's none of your concern either Aubrey. You know what I'm too busy to deal with this right now. It may be hard for you to grasp this idea but I have feelings for Beca because of WHO she is not what she's able to offer me financially. There's the door you can see yourself out."Chloe says

"You don't know this girl Chloe I'm looking out for you."Aubrey says

"I don't need you to look out for me."Chloe says Aubrey takes out a brown manila envelope from her brief case and tosses it on Chloe's desk.

"Look through that and tell me Beca isn't after something from you."Aubrey says then walks away. Chloe stares at the envelope in front of her and is confused.

Stacie walks over to the DJ turntables and hands Beca a glass of water "Thanks."Beca sips her water taking off her headphones and placing them on her neck.

"Just so you know Chloe is totally falling head over heels for you."Stacie says

"You think so?"Beca asked

"You know how her eyes are seriously blue?"Stacie asked Beca laughs and nods

"Her eyes are Kind of one of the reason's I'm infatuated with her."Beca shrugs.