Chapter 3: Camp Half-Blood

The group made it to Camp Half-Blood after a half hour. When they walk through the gate a javelin whizzes past them, hitting the gate and sticking straight out.

Jumping, Taika yells "What the hell!"

"I'm pretty sure I know who did this...," Matt says, calm.

"Who did it, then? No way to welcome newcomers, throwing javelin at them..." Taika complains noisily.

"It might be Clar-" Matt was cut off by something. Taika turns around and notices that he's gone.

"Mattie boy.... Where'd he get off to?" Taika asks. Everyone shrugs and looks around and also notices that Grover has disappeared as well.

"Hey, the satyr dude is gone too.... Where'd they go?" Ian asks. Turning around to look behind the group, Zea sees Grover and points him out.

"They're over there." Danny snickers at this, and Hannah rolls her eyes.

"We have all the campfires at the main area, which is the next stop of our tour." Grover says jovially, in classic tour guide style. Guiding the group to the center of the camp, Grover explains the schedule and camp gatherings.

"You serious, I have to eat at a certain time now...." Danny whines, Grover ignoring him and continuing to explain the locations of the cabins.

"So! To the right of the cafeteria area, is the Hades cabin, next to the training course is the Aphrodite cabin, over by the shore is the Poseidon cabin, over by the Hephaestus cabin is the Hermes cabin and the Artemis cabin."

"Woah. Information overload!" Hannah cries, cradling her head in her hands.

"Hope to see you guys at dinner later in tonight." Grover says, walking away.

"Wait, where's the Artemis cabin, I wasn't listening?" Zea turns around, surveying the area, saying, "Oh nevermind," when she spots her cabin.

"I guess this is where we go our separate ways for now." Ian says.

"I guess this IS goodbye... for now." Hannah says sadly. Everyone walks away to their designated cabins. Taika was walking around to see the hot spots, when she sees Matt with a couple of people. Seeing his sister, he says goodbye and walks over to Taika.

"Hey Taika, what's up?" Matt says conversationally.

"Nothing really. Just got the rundown by Sergeant Goat over there." Taika says, slightly annoyed.

"Why are you annoyed?" Matt asks, questioning Taika's strange behavior.

"You did kinda bail in us..." Taika replies, keeping her tone even.

"Sorry, but it's not my fault; I was dragged away by someone." Matt answers quickly, knowing that Taika might lose her temper.

"Who would drag YOU away?" Taika asks, calming herself. Matt was about to answer when someone tackles him down. Taika looks confused as to why someone would tackle him.

"Dude, why the hell did you do that?" Taika asks. The person turns around to inspect Taika, and much to Taika's surprise, the person is actually female.

"What's your beef, lady?" The lady asks

"Oh, hey Clarrise." Matt says. Taika looks really confused, looking from Matt to the unknown girl.

"Who's Clarrise?" Taika asks, an eyebrow raised.

"Oh, uhh, Clarisse is my...." Matt says nervously and Clarisse cuts him off.

"I'm his girlfriend, for your information." Clarisse says haughtily. Taika looks shocked and even more confused.

" When did you get a girlfriend?" Taika asks, Clarisse snickers.

"He's had one for a while now, I'm surprised though, you're his half sister and you don't even know that." Clarisse says

"Well, actually I just found out last night." Taika answers

"Oh but still, after hearing about how much you look out for Matt before you found out, I'm surprised you never knew." Clarisse says

"Okay, we're done here." Taika says annoyed. As Taika is walking away, Danny walks up to her, but she ignores him.

"What's wrong with Taika?" Danny asks,

"She's just really annoyed at me." Matt replies.

"Oh, I saw you get tackled by a chick. That was hilarious." Danny laughs. Matt punches Danny in the arm. Clarisse rolls her eyes. Danny, finally noticing the girl, dives into his womanizing ways.

"So what's up babe?" Danny flirts.

"Get away perv, I have a boyfriend you know." Clarisse says agitated

"Who is it?" Danny asks. Matt's face starts to turn red.

"You're looking at him." Clarisse answers

"Wait, what," Danny says shocked speechless. Matt, trying to sneak off, is caught by Clarisse.

"Lemme go, I'm trying to say Hi to Selena." Matt says

"Oh crap, I forgot about Selena." Clarisse says "Go see her, then come find me."

"Who's Selena?" Danny asks, the gear in his head turning.

"She's a daughter of Aphrodite, and also the leader of the cabin. She doesn't talk to many guys though, so good luck." Clarisse says, rolling her eyes as Danny pouts

"Womanizer." Meanwhile, Matt was at the door of the Aphrodite cabin.

"Hey Selena! You in there?" Matt calls. A girl walks out a moment later, and gives him an affectionate hug.

"Hey Matt." the girl says.

"Oh, hey Selena, what's up?" Matt asks.

"Nothing really, just hanging out and stuff," Selena answers cheerfully.

"Have you seen any new mini-Aphrodites yet today?" Matt asks.

"I can't say I have, why?" Selena replies, her nose scrunched up in confusion.

"Oh, it's just that one of my friends--that I brought with me-- is your half-sister. Her name's Hannah."

"Oh, okay! I'll keep an eye out for her. I gotta go, inspection day!" With that, Selena walks off with a hop in her step, waving over her shoulder.

"You're doing inspections today?" Matt stops and asks Selena.

"As a matter of fact, I am! Bye, bye, Mattie!" After Selena runs off, Matt yells, "Shit I gotta clean the cabins!!"