chapter 14 -Practicing magic [small edit]

It's been six years sense we first found Sage, she is 10 years old now, we took her in as my sister or even my own child, i treated her like one of mine, she spend the night with us and throughout the day Kira was responsible, she thought her about magic, read her many books, and all the time me Seth and Kira told her about her ancestors and magic, how Emily was the last enchantress and then Sage.

She was scared and confused at first, didn't know what we were talking about, she barely knew us, but she started to trust us.

Kira started slowly teaching her as much as she knew, she gave her some advise she got from an enchantress she met before, she might not have been an original, but its all she got, plus many books and old scripts, and also one necklace that Kira had, she got it from a market, the man who was selling it said it had magical powers.

One day as Sage was playing with Kira outside in the woods where she usually stays, Sage looked at a piece of wood, suddenly the wood started to burn as fire surrounded it, Sage was just staring at it, without moving, Kira saw her and shook her a bit and then the fire disappeared just like that.

When it was time to leave Kira and come to me and Seth, Kira gave her a book to read and try to concentrate on her abilities, now we knew she could make fire, but how could she make the elixir.

After thinking about where we should stay with Seth, because we couldn't stay in a hotel for very long, we found a small house that was secluded, with little neighbours as possible, it had two bedrooms one bath, kitchen and living room, it was perfect, we bought it as soon as we spoted the house, after weeks of getting furniture we finally went in and started to put the furniture where it belonged, we got a cute bed for Sage, it was pink with carving on the wood.

We then moved in and made it our permanent home, it wasn't too far from Kira's place so that was great.

And Adrian wasn't doing too bad, we visit him some times, and he and Maura got together, they decided that they want to open the underground for every vampire that needs help, and for those who don't have a  home or a companion, i think that was a good decision, they seemed happy and so was i.

One day Seth and i went to see Kira and Sage, we sneaked behind them and surprised them.

"hi Kath!"

"hey, what are you guys doing?"

"oh, we're just reading this spellbook, it's probably the most important of all the books i have" says Kira

"so how are we in the magic compartment?" asks Seth quriously

"i think she... Sage is getting the hand of it, right Sage? why don't you show them what you learned today"

"okay."

we all watch her as she streched her hand up front and then open her palm, she closes her eyes and concentrates and flames starts appearing in her palm.

"oh my.." i laugh

"wow, how did she do that.." asks Seth

"amazing, isn't she" Kira admires

"uh.. i have some things to do, i hope you don't mind, i will be back shortly" Seth apply's

"sure, we'll be all here."

"okay."

Seth goes to a marketplace that is closed, he knocks on a door and a girl in her 30's opens it.

she looks like a gypsy, wearing a long colorful dress with a white but dirty cloth on her waist.

"greetings, i was wondering if i can speak to Nadia?"