Chapter 7

ter 7

~~~~~~~~

My phone started to buzz in my pocket. I picked it up to see the caller ID was my mother. I was freaked out. I picked it up when I saw detective Ledger making his way over. "Hey! Yeah um, I'm fine. Ramona?" I glanced at my friends, sitting in the kitchen, Felix pacing around like he was the one who had lost somebody. "Ramona never made it home because, I didn't driver her." Everyone looked at me as my mom screamed and cried and groaned.

She was confused, at first she thought I was joking, but I kept repeating it. My dad probably was trying to keep calm, my mom was crying hysterically into the phone. Her sobbs made me cry, again, I was crying. Felix took my hand and pulled me into him. I sobbed softly into his chest. It was my fault and everyone knew it.

"It's Okay Melonie. We're here for you, always." Felix wispered in my ear.

The front door slammed open and closed, Logan apeared in the enteryway of the kitchen. He saw me and Felix, he was obviously hurt. I didnt care. He said he would always be here, felix was to the rescue again, and Logan was far too late.

Angel waved to Logan, but Logan was focused on me and didn't wave back to her. Angel lowered he hand. "Melonie, I'm so sorry!" Felix stopped hugging me when he saw Logan go in for a hug. "I heard what happened"

"And yet, you didnt bother to show up with everyone else!" His eyes lowered to the ground. "I needed your support, Logan!"

Angel was staring at me and Logan, torn between a friend and a brother. "Guys, stop." She begged. I ignored her, continuing my glare at Logan.

"I was busy. I'm sorry okay." Logan walked away. I was glad he left. I hated him.

~~~~~~~~~~

POV:Ramona

~~~~~~~~~~~

Wherever I was when I woke up, it was cold, and the room didn’t offer much light. When my eyes adjusted to the small lightbulb above me, I looked around and examined the room. The walls were made of old gray wood, it was like it was ready to fall apart. There was only a couch and a table in the center of the room. My hands were tied up, and my mouth was covered in duct tape.

This is a dream, its a dream, I know it is.

The longer I sat on the couch, the more real things became- this wasn’t a dream, it was a nightmare. I tried to scream, and yell but my voice was muffled behind the tape holding my lips shut. No one would hear me, not even if they were right next to me. Panicking, I paced around the room, trying to think of something to free me.

My breathing was heavy, and I couldn’t think straight. How am I going to get out? How long was I asleep? Does Melonie know I am missing? Melonie… She did this to me, didn’t she? I was confused, I didn't know if I was mad at Melonie for ditching me and causing me to be here. If she had picked me up I would be home and not here. I hope she enjoyed her dumb concert, because this is what it cost her.

For a long time it was completely quiet. The silence and the darkness of the room allowed my thoughts to wander, sometimes to places I wish it hadn’t. Memories of Melonie danced through my, head leaving me with an occasional half smile. The happy thoughts didn’t stay however, and I was left with dark and scary thoughts. I pictured myself dead, deep in a hole where no one would ever find me. Where they would keep searching, but never find me. How would I die, if I didn’t make it out of here alive?

I thought about anything and everything, ranging from who is going to do the dishes, now that I can’t? to What if I am brutally murdered, just like the victims of crime shows?, but when I heard the pounding of feet on the floor, all of my thoughts stopped.

There were footsteps down the hallway. My heart sank, and I backed up to the corner of the room in horror. He was coming for me. As the footsteps got louder, the beat of my heart got faster. I wanted to scream, and cry, and just be out of this madness. This can’t be happening, why is this happening to me? I am a good person. I am an okay sister. What have I done to deserve this?

The footsteps stopped in front of the door. I could see a shadow under the door, and hear the turning of a key. “Ramona?” He, the man who’s name I didn’t know, said behind the door. Surprisingly, he didn’t sound as menacing as killers do in movies. But I was still afraid of him, I was still afraid of his voice.

The door slowly slid open, He was there. I pressed against the wall. He was holding a plastic bag. Was he going to suffocate me? No, there was something in the bag, was he going to torched me. I whimpered pathetically.

He came ever closer. He knelt down next to me, tears streamed down my face as I thought of all the terrible things he could do to me...

"Shh, it's okay. I brought you some food." His voice was soft now, like when he picked me up, I hated it. So misleading and encasing. You can't escape his words. He pulled 2 tacos from the bag. Poison? I didn't want to risk it. As I had recently learned in my current situation, looks can be very, very, deceiving.