Chapter 53

Recap //

Grabbing my hand, Hoseok turns around instantly and practically rushes us back.

My gaze lingers on the blue waters behind us, and the rhythmic music the waves play.

Breathing in the moist, salty air, I tear my gaze away from the ocean, but a thought crosses my mind, making my breath hitch.

h͟͞e͟͞y͟͞,
w͟͞a͟͞n͟͞n͟͞a͟͞ t͟͞r͟͞y͟͞ d͟͞r͟͞o͟͞w͟͞n͟͞i͟͞n͟͞g͟͞?

。☆・゜・。・゜。・。・゜☆・゜・。

Your POV //

drown...

drowning?

Staggering behind, my pace slows down as my mind gets filled with several strange thoughts.

Aren't you glad? You finally get a chance to do it.

Just accept him, you've got no one else, do you?

...

You can't live your life like this anymore, end it. You'll be encaged forever, tortured both mentally and physically.

He's giving you more love than you've ever recieved, why are pushing him away? You're not giving him a chance at all, but he's doing everything for you.

You know you love him.

You know you hate him.

My breathing increases rapidly, and I completely stop in my tracks, holding my head tightly.

Don't think about it!

In a trance, I struggle to regain my normal self, not with thoughts full of madness.

Only hearing the loud pounding of my heart, my ears ring, eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

Calm down, you're better than this,

Calm down.

Hands tangled in my messed up hair, I soon relax, now noticing a warmth enveloping me.

Staying still, I don't bother to argue with being in his embrace.

I needed it right now, even if he is the person I hate the most.

"You're okay, Y/n," Hoseok breathes onto my neck, "You're okay."

...

I'm okay.

With a clear mind, I regain myself again, and before I'm able to break out of his hold, he breaks away first.

Retaking my hand in his, he continues to lead us back.

Sighing, I bitterly smile.