chapter 15

Jacob:

My paws were beating against the cold slushy white floor of Canada. I'd been gone for almost two weeks running in wolf form. All I did was think about Odette, I missed her so much but I needed to get away. I couldn't stand seeing her happy with Paul. To get my mind off her I continued to run.

Odette:

"Come on Emily breathe!" The doctor shouted at Emily as she began having contractions.

"I hate you Sam Uley!!!" She shrieked as another contraction hit

"Alright Emily you're ready to push, I want you to push as hard as you can on the count of 3,2,1 Push Emily!!"

Emily screamed as she fought to give birth to her first son.

"PUSH EMILY, I see his head!!"

"Come on baby push!!" Sam encouraged her

"PUSH!!"

and all you heard was the crying of their newborn baby.

Tears began to release from my eyes at the sight of their newborn baby.

"Here's your son Emily, Congratulations to you both." The nurse declared

Emily cried as she held her beloved baby boy, Sam was awe struck at the sight of his son.

"So what're you going to name him?" I asked

"Kaden Sam Uley." Emily declared

"It's beautiful and he's so cute, he looks exactly like Sam." I cooed

Jacob's been gone for 9 months nobody knew where he was, just that he was ok and still breathing. Paul was still following me around trying to ask me to forgive him. well I've been fine, except being worried about Jacob for the most part, as if reading my thoughts Sam looked at me.

"He'll come home when he's ready Detta don't worry just give him time." He said reassuringly

I simply nodded and cooed over my new nephew baby Kaden.

After spending the entire morning with Sam and Emily and Kaden I got in my brothers car and drove home. I got out of the car and took a step back as I recognized a strong, broad, tanned man standing on my foyer.

"Jacob?" I said in surprise

He looked different he was wearing low slung faded jeans and dress shirt that was half untucked, his hair had grown longer and he'd grown a bit of a beard.

"Hey Odette." He said nervously

I approached him cautiously and threw myself into his arms, he immediately responded by tightly wrapping his arms around me and burying his face in my hair.

"Where were you?" I asked as my cheek laid against his strong chest

He sighed "Mostly Canada, feels weird being on two feet again." He said huskily

"As you can see I'm alive and well  I said

"Have you been worried about me?" he asked nervously

"mhm." I mumbled into his chest

Jacob sighed in content at my response

"I missed you." He said while pressing a kiss to my hair

I pulled myself out of his arms and hugged myself with my arms.

" Maybe you should head home I'm sure your dad will be glad that you're back." I said trying to change the subject.

He sighed in a frustrated manner and punched the wooden banister on the foyer.

I gasped in shock and took a step forward to look at his bruised knuckles.