goodbye

━═━═━═━┤SEVEN ├━═━═━═━

song recommendation: goodbye - new authors x elaine

━═ Taeyong's POV ═━

Jaehyun leans against the kitchen counter, an annoyed expression plastered on his face. "What happened to you, Yoonoh?" I breathe out a sigh. He glares at me, his burning eyes counteracted by my cold stare. "Why do you have to make yourself the villain?" Sauntering towards him, my hand makes contact with his firm chest. "How hurt are you that you're trying to tear a relationship apart? No, two relationships. You've ruined two relationships now." My other hand snakes onto his waist, pressing him hard against the countertop. "How long can you keep up this facade, Jae?" I whisper into his ear, watching his soft brown eyes fill with remorse.

His head gently rests on my shoulder. "Taeyong, I really messed up." I feel his strong arms hug me back, his warm body making me reminisce of sweet moments shared with him in the past.

"You don't say." I tease slightly, which Jaehyun scoffs to. "I have something to show you." Pulling out of his embrace, I take his delicate hand in mine and drag him towards the living room. I stop in the doorway, making sure to not be seen. "Look." In a hushed voice, I gain Jaehyun's attention to the two men sitting on the couch.

Doyoung is giving his best bunny-like grin to Jungwoo, who is resting his head on Doyoung's thigh. Jungwoo's giggles are soft, as Doyoung traces his fingers on the blonde boy's scalp. They utter sugar-coated words to each other, eyes sparkling with pure adoration for one another.

Yoonoh's sniffles pulls my focus away from the sweet moment Jungwoo and Doyoung are sharing. I push Jaehyun back into the kitchen. "You see that right? Doyoung is smiling. Like really smiling." Jaehyun nods silently, tears at the edges of his eyes. "It's been so long since Doyoung has been that happy, Yoonoh. And you're trying to take that happiness away from him by separating them."

"I'm so heartless, Yong. I hurt you, and I hurt them." I bring the sobbing boy into another hug as he chokes out remorseful words. "I created you and Jungwoo, and instead of taking care of you, I tried to destroy you. That burning, that drowning... it was all me, trying to rid myself of the burdens I had created."

"Jae, what do you mean? You saved me from that fire, why would you have started it?" Jaehyun cries harder, clutching desperately at my shirt.

"I thought killing you would fix things... fix me. But when I heard your screams, I realised how much I loved you. I love you, Yong. I truly do."

"But if you loved me, why would you try and get rid of me? Do I really mean anything to you at all? Or am I just another character in your stupid fucking game?" I push him away from me, hurt by his words.

"Taeyong, I wouldn't do that again. I could never hurt you again." His eyes and words are pleading, but all I feel is numb.

"But you would hurt Jungwoo again, right? He doesn't mean anything to you. He's just pixels."

"That isn't true. If... if he really means that much to you, then I'll leave him alone. I can be the nice guy I used to be, I promise, Taeyong. I really love you, I do." He grips my hands, running his thumb over the smooth skin.

"Look, Yoonoh, I want to love you, but if you're going to choose to be the bad guy then I'm going to choose to say goodbye." I take my hands away from his, and his limply drop to his sides. His red-rimmed eyes, watery with heartbreak, begging for me to stay.

But I can't stay with someone who can't see past my pixels.

A/N

this hurt to write