no one told me why

━═━═━═━┤ TEN ├━═━═━═━

song recommendation: no one told me why - aleph

Doyoung and I had spent the past couple of weeks 'portal hunting'. He was adamant he would help me find it because he didn't want to lose me again. Retracing my steps, I had figured it out and decided to keep Doyoung in the dark, keeping my portal a secret and hiding it under my bed.

"I believe this belongs to you." Doyoung hands me a thick black and red book; my favourite book: Pixels, which I dropped after collapsing outside of the cafe.

I had come across the book whilst cleaning and it immediately clicked that it must be my portal. I hid it to avoid Jaehyun finding it and destroying it. I can't risk anything anymore if I don't want to lose Doyoung.

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°

Taeyong had agreed to meet me on the bridge again. This time his eyes reflected something other than sadness; a kind of desperate longing that I couldn't understand. "I found my portal." Taeyong nods. "I hid it as well." He nods again. "What are you thinking about?" I lean against the cold steel railing, questioning Taeyong's blankness.

"Jaehyun, mainly." A deep sigh falls from his sullen mouth, "after I was reset, I kept dreaming of this boy but I had no idea who he was, I just knew that I had felt strongly towards him in the past. I came across the cafe one day and decided to enter. Maybe it was fate, if you believe in that type of bullshit. I sat in there and sketched the boy I was dreaming about-"

"You draw?" I interrupt him to ask.

"Mmhmm. When I reset, I want to broaden my art skills even more. Maybe run an art club or something." He smiles fondly, thinking of a new life far away from here. "Anyways, I dropped my sketchbook and Jaehyun picked it up. He made me remember things, so I stuck around because I thought I found my true love again. But it felt different, wrong even. He told me about you resetting and how surprised he was that you did. He tried to force me to keep you two apart. I refused. I knew what it feels like to be separated from the one you were made for. I couldn't keep you apart so I helped you remember."

Taeyong stops talking to exhale. He smiles at me again before carrying on. "You were so cute each morning, telling me about things you had remembered after I whispered them to you in your sleep."

"You were in my house when I was asleep? Dude, that's kind of creepy."

"I don't even get a thank you? Even after helping you remember your loverboy Doyoung?" He playfully pushes me and I laugh. "I was trying to make you happy again, Jungwoo." Ruffling my hair, he pulls me into a hug.

"That is so thoughtful. Taeyong, I really owe you." I start to cry after thinking about how grateful I am for Taeyong. "Thank you so much. How can I ever repay you?"

"Burn my sketchbook."

A/N

welp it's been a while