blood and bones

━═━═━═━┤ NINE ├━═━═━═━

song recommendation: blood and bones - kodaline

I spent the next few weeks searching for my 'portal'. Doyoung offered his help, but we still haven't found it. "Maybe, it could be a mug?" I lean over the counter, talking to Doyoung as he works. He purses his lips, looking at the large shelf of identical mugs behind him.

"How do we know which one is your portal though? There are so many of them." Groaning, he rakes his fingers through his silky hair. My eyes are drawn to a specific mug, reflecting light off of it. Doyoung stares at the same mug with intent. "Do you think it's that one?" He reaches for it, his fingertips barely brushing against it's smooth porcelain before Jaehyun snatches it off of the shelf.

"Doyoung, please get back to work." He scolds, going to fill the very mug I needed with bitter liquid, but before he can, Doyoung latches his fingers around it.

"If you give me that mug, I'll work." Jaehyun rolls his eyes, prying it from Doyoung's grasp. He loses his grip of the cup, and it drops to the floor. I watch it shatter into a thousand tiny pieces, my heart dropping into my stomach at the sight of my portal smashing.

"Jungwoo, please don't leave me again." His large hands cup my face, eyes watery and emotional. I've seen those eyes before, on that night we lost each other. He buries his head into my shoulder, and I wrap my arms around him in comfort.

"What the fuck are you two doing?" Jaehyun scowls, sweeping up the broken mug into a dustpan. The porcelain rattles against the bristles of the brush, and I imagine Jaehyun having to sweep up Doyoung's broken heart along with the cup.

"I thought I was going to lose you. I thought I had lost you again." Doyoung cries into my shoulder.

"I won't let you lose me again. I love you too much to let you go."

A/N

heyo ! it's been awhile oops... i'll promise there will be more frequent updates from now on!!! i've just been preoccupied by graduating highschool (scary), and dancing

also what do you think about me making this series into a webtoon ?

thank y'all for everything

- c