epiphany

━═━═━═━┤ TWENTY TWO├━═━═━═━

song recommendation: epiphany - bts

━═ JAEHYUN'S POV ═━

Watching Doyoung intertwine his fingers with Jungwoo, a feeling of guilt washes over me. I created this game and these characters so that Doyoung could be less lonely, so that he could feel the love that I couldn't give him myself. He found that love with Jungwoo, yet jealousy made me want to tear them apart. Jungwoo was made for Doyoung.

My greediness of wanting someone to want me had driven me to the point of destroying my best friend's life. I became fixated on winning Doyoung's heart but by doing so, I was only breaking it more.

The sudden harsh realisation, an epiphany of sorts, that I'm the villain in Doyoung and Jungwoo's fairytale, makes my stomach ache. "I'm so sorry." An overdue apology brings a heavy silence to the room. Warm tears stream down my face, a dull headache forming from holding them in for so long.

"I just want to know why." Doyoung places his warm, reassuring hand on my shoulder, "why take your problems out on your friends?" Glancing up at Doyoung, Jungwoo and Taeyong, they stare back in anticipation.

"Because you had the one thing that I could never have." Love. "You're surrounded by so many people who care for you and I have no one." I choke out a reply through my sobs.

"You had us but you isolated yourself. We were here for you, Jaehyun." Doyoung looks disappointed in me. "You only feel unloved because of how lonely you are."

Doyoung is right. I pushed away all of my friends, bringing myself loneliness. The love of friendship went down the drain when I removed myself from them, leaving me with nothing but a feeling of emptiness.

Taeyong stares at me coldly, "you think that I never loved you?" Those icy eyes of his once filled with patience and adoration, now only showing rage. "You put me through hell and I always came back for you." Taeyong's words are like bullets, each piercing straight into my heart. No matter how hurt he was, he was always there for me. He sighs angrily, pushing his shaking hand through his hair. "Fuck, I'm still in love with you, Jaehyun."

The sensation of burning hits my skin and I feel like I've been set alight just from the way Taeyong is looking at me. Hope sizzles lightly in my brain and I reach out for his hand. "Tae..." Yanking his arm away from me, that sliver of hope dissolves quickly.

"Don't." Putting more distance between us, he steps back. "You think I'm stupid enough to let you close to me again?" Another bullet strikes my heart. "You think that I've forgiven you for making all of us suffer? You're pathetic, Jaehyun."

"You're right. I am pathetic." Lowering my gaze downwards, the tension in the room increases. "I don't deserve any of you. I'm a monster." 

A/N

hehe love you guys c: