don't wanna cry

━═━═━═━┤ FOURTEEN├━═━═━═━

song recommendation: don't wanna cry - seventeen

━═ Jaehyun's POV ═━

"Why did you bring me here?" Staring at me suspiciously, he furrows his eyebrows.

"I need you to do something for me." He lets out a loud sigh.

"Fine." Shaking his head, he mutters "I thought you had changed, Jaehyun"

━═ Jungwoo's POV ═━

A knock on my door startles me, and I rush to greet the unexpected visitor. Gasping at the short man in front of me, I pull him in for a hug. "Taeil?"

"It's good to see you, Jungwoo." He squeezes me tighter in the hug.

"Please come in." Following me into my quaint apartment, he keeps hold of my hand. It's been almost two years since I've last seen Taeil (and he's still as short as he was back then).

We sit on the couch together. Taeil puts his head in his hands, soft sniffles coming from him. "I'm so sorry, Jungwoo." I widen my eyes, resting my hand on his knee. "I can't do this to you. Not after what Taeyong has told me."

"What are you talking about, Hyung? You saw Taeyong?" Taking my hands in his again, he frowns.

"He came back again." Exhaling deeply, he continues to recount his meeting with Taeyong. "He told us about you. About Jaehyun and Doyoung. He explained it all. Resetting, portals, the cafe. All of it."

"But how does Taeyong remember?"

"Jaehyun programmed Taeyong to be able to remember everything except how he reset. He told us how Jaehyun is out to get you, and now he's summoned me to get to you too. Except, I don't want to stoop down to his level. I would never wish anything bad to happen to you, and from Taeyong's stories, it sounds like you've been through enough already."

"I don't understand. What does Jaehyun want from you?"

"He asked me to find your portal and destroy it. He told me that he changed your coding so that you can never reset. If he finds your portal Jungwoo, it's game over."