and i'm here

━═━═━═━┤ NINETEEN├━═━═━═━

song recommendation: and i'm here - kim kyunghee

━═ Taeyong's POV ═━

The door swings open, revealing the man I swore to never see again. "You came." His expression changes from rage to something softer at the sight of me. "I thought I had lost you, Tae." He reaches to touch my face but I brush away his hand.

"I don't appreciate you threatening my friends." Ignoring his longing, I stare blankly back at him.

"You should have never gotten them involved in the first place." Jaehyun glances behind me. "You brought them with you too?" He scoffs, coldness swimming in those merciless eyes.

"I brought their portals too." Pulling my bag off my back, I shove it into his hands. "Do what you want with them. I'm over this."

I storm over to the other virtual boys. Jungwoo subtly smiles at me, confirming that everything is going according to plan. His hand is tightly intertwined with Doyoung's, who wears a confused expression. In his other hand, he holds his portal 'Pixels', offering it out to Jaehyun. "I think you want this the most."

Taeil had brought back the book after meeting with Jaehyun, much to our surprise. We thought that Jaehyun would've kept it, but he insisted that the elder should look after it instead.

Jaehyun snatches it out of Jungwoo's grasp "you make this too easy, Jungwoo." He opens the book, skimming over the meaningful words, "To hold him, cherish him, as if he was more than a faulty program. A few lines of wrong coding created errors; flashing red warning signs that he was flawed, broken. But weren't we all created with imperfections? Look past those shattered fragments and inaccessible files to find the good within him. Yet, what I couldn't see was that it was I who had spread this evil virus, corrupting his system. It was me who was flawed and broken..."

He stops reading, meeting my gaze with a pained expression. The sudden silence is overwhelming, like the calm before the storm. And I can sense that a horrible storm is definitely brewing. 

A/N 

we're nearing the end :o

- c (ily!!!)