someone you loved

━═━═━═━┤ TWENTY ONE├━═━═━═━

song recommendation: someone you loved - lewis capaldi

━═ JAEHYUN'S POV ═━

The day that I fell for Kim Doyoung was as ordinary as any other day.

It was raining; not too heavily but not light enough to not worry about an umbrella. The cafe was quiet, only a few customers brave enough to leave the house despite the poor weather.

I watch him as he gracefully maneuvers through the tiny cafe. Dancing around the circular tables to enchant another customer. A laugh, a sound only an angel could produce, falls from his rosy lips and I smile haphazardly.

The way Doyoung treated everyone was different from anyone I had ever met before. He was so kind-hearted and caring.

Smash! A dropped mug sits shattered on the floor. "It's not a problem!" Doyoung reassures the customer, although it must have surprised him.

Doyoung always put customers before himself, even if that meant putting himself at risk. Instead of getting a brush pan to safely remove the glass, he insisted that the man could've hurt himself and he didn't want to risk it.

Hissing in pain, Doyoung recoils his hand away from the shards of glass.

The blood was stark against his pale complexion. I immediately ran to him to see if he was okay. I remember holding his hand in mine, checking the cut for any loose glass. I remember how flushed his face was when I got closer to him.

I remember the way my heart almost stopped when he looked up at me, telling me he was okay and ruffling my hair gently.

I remember feeling loved.