silo

━═━═━═━┤ TWENTY├━═━═━═━

song recommendation: silo - richy mitch and the coal miners

━═ DOYOUNGS' POV ═━

With shaky hands, Jaehyun tears a page from the book - Jungwoo's only connection to this world. "Don't!" My body lurches forward to knock the precious novel out of his hands, yet Taeyong and Johnny restrain me in an act of betrayal. Jungwoo only laughs softly before disappearing. The sound of my heart shattering must've been heard by everyone in the room as they all turn to look at me.

"Trust him." Taeyong's breathy whisper has me second-guessing his actions. His hand is still tightly clutching my arm in order for me not to move. What is happening?

"That gets rid of one of my problems." Jaehyun's voice is empty. His eyes almost black with rage.

The bathroom door swings open, revealing a laughing Jungwoo. "You think I'd let you get away with this?" Jaehyun panics at the sight of the virtual boy who should have been reset.

"This shouldn't have happened... He should be at the cafe. I coded it for the cafe, not here!" Johnny anxiously tells Taeyong over my shoulder. A grin forms on my face. Jungwoo outsmarted Jaehyun.

"Why aren't you dead?" Ripping out another page, Jaehyun begins to sweat nervously. Jungwoo's laughing can be heard from outside. A tap on the window draws all of our attention to it. The boy of my dreams is sticking his tongue out at a very agitated Jaehyun, mocking him. "Just die!" Jaehyun rips out another page and then another; each page resulting in Jungwoo reappearing just to ridicule him.

"You know you kind of suck Jaehyun." 

"I mean you really suck."

"No wonder everyone hates you."

"Why did you create me, Jaehyun? What was the purpose of making me just to kill me?" Low and menacing, Jungwoo voices what the other virtual boys were thinking. "Why are you choosing to make us suffer? Why are you making Doyoung suffer, too?" Jaehyun breaks down at Jungwoo's pointed words.

I take a breath, looking around at the pained expressions of the others. Yuta is holding Winwin's hand, a silent stream of tears flooding his face. Kun's gaze is fixated on the floor. Taeil leaves the room, Johnny following him. Standing strong next to me is Taeyong, his ice cold stare boring holes into Jaehyun.

And then I look at Jungwoo.

His caramel hair, messed up and splayed out over his jaded eyes. Shoulders tense and hands balled into tiny fists. I watch him clench and unclench his jaw as his brain whirs whilst trying to think of what poison-filled words he could spit next. Even in this stressful situation, Kim Jungwoo undeniably takes my breath away.

"Answer him." My voice comes out less shaky than I thought it would as I confront my old friend. Wretched sobs rack through his body in hysterics, yet not a single fibre of my body feels any sympathy towards him.

"I just wanted to be loved."

A/N

this chapter was fun to write!! 
also I'm so sorry about the two month hiatus,, I got a job (yay me) and I've been trying to balance writing, working and dancing. 
I finally don't have writer's block anymore either so we gucci
(i started to hate this book too, but i really want to finish it because i love you guys a lot c: )

- c (i'm so sorry for the long break asdhjkafh)