the night we met

━═━═━═━┤ SIXTEEN├━═━═━═━

song recommendation: the night we met - lord huron

Tapping my foot impatiently against the café floor, I stare out the window. "What's up with you today, babe?" Doyoung stands in front of me. Gently, he brushes my soft hair off of my face.

"It's nothing." I laugh nervously, hoping that he doesn't become suspicious. The last thing we need is Doyoung finding out our plan and telling Jaehyun.

"Are you sure? You're acting weird." He frowns at me, exhaling deeply.

"I'm so sure!" I glance out the window again, meeting eyes with Taeyong who gives me the cue to leave. "I love you." Standing up abruptly, I kiss Doyoung on the cheek. He blushes red, and I rush out the door, waving at my confused boyfriend.

Outside, Taeyong has gathered the new virtual boys; Kun, Winwin and Johnny. I tightly hug Kun, remembering how much I've missed them whilst being outside of the game. "We need to go before someone sees us." Taeyong urges, quickening us back to my apartment. His eyes are full of worry, and I wonder what he saw.

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°

Taeyong finishes his sentence, earning downcast expressions from the group. "How are we meant to get to Jaehyun's laptop though?" Johnny inquires, after a brief explanation of how the game was made.

"Taeyong still has a spare key, and Jaehyun seems to trust me." Taeil pitches in.

"Why don't we..." Johnny's voice trails off as my thoughts turn to Winwin. His eyes are lowered, teary and glassed over. I scooch closer to him, placing a reassuring hand on his leg.

"What's wrong?" I've seen his eyes, those sad eyes in other places. Longing and lost. Searching for a missing piece of their puzzle.

"No one summoned Yuta." Winwin's heartbroken voice strains every word "He's alone in the game."

I stand up, take Taeyong's laptop off of the table and download My Virtual Boyfriend to let Winwin summon Yuta. "I won't let anyone be alone again, Winwin. We started this together and we'll end together too."

A/N

 ..... how many months has it been? ah i feel bad,,,, especially because this chapter isnt special or anything :((