Well Schist

.. Celeste's POV..
I race through the forrest, branches tugging at my clothes. Percy's yelling is covered by the sound of my sobs.

I stop and take deep breathes, trying to regain my breath.

I just stabbed Annabeth. I remember Annabeth's face as I did so, the betrayal in them. My only condolences are that I didn't run her threw with my sword and that at the last minute managed to change the direction of the knife to miss any vital organs.

Don't get me wrong, Annabeth's wound is still going to hurt like Hades, but she won't die from it.

The wind picks up and seems to swirl around me, it taunts me, laughing.

I told you, it sings.

I grit my teeth and cover my ears.

I told you.

A sob escapes me and I back against a tree.

I told you.

"No." I take my hands of my ears and will the sounds around me to disappear.

And to my surprise they do. Percy's yelling, gone. The wind, gone. Greae's laughter, gone, but who knows for how long.

I look down at my hands, the hands that almost killed someone, they have her blood to prove it. The bracelet jingles on my wrist and I stare at the sword charm.

Guilt and disgust fill me and I snarl, ripping it off and flinging it against a tree.

A hand comes down on my shoulder and I jump, I'm sure I scream but I still can't hear sound.

I turn around slowly and will sound to reach me once again. I take a deep breath and look at Percy's feet.

I can't meet his eyes. Not after what I jus did. I still remember the look on his face. I thought I knew fear but when he turned his burning gaze on me, I knew I was dead. My heart dropped to my toes and fear gripped me as I looked into his eyes after I stabbed his girlfriend.

I willed myself to look at his face, expecting the same anger as earlier. But instead I find sorrow.

Percy takes a step forward, "Celeste I-"

I cut him off, "No"I go over to my bracket, rip off my pendant, and place both in his hand. "I'm sorry,"

He opens his mouth to say something but I cut him off, "Stop, go back to Annabeth." I poor myself into the words, hoping that with my ability to control sound, I could mimic charmspeak.

And it worked, with a confused look on his face, Percy turned and walked away, hand clenched around my jewelry.

Once he was far enough away I drew a deep breath and brought the little prism, that Kayden had given me before I left, out of my pocket.

I held it up to the light and threw my coin into the rainbow.

"Oh Iris accept my offering! Show me Lady Artemis." I silently pray that it will work. And when the mist swirls together to reveal her face I nearly sob in relief. "Lady Artemis, I need your help."

*********************************
.. Percy's POV..

Stop, go back to Annabeth.

The command rigs in my head, forcing me to comply. Unlike Piper's charmspeak, which makes me want to listen, this told me to in the same sickly sweet voice but forced me to listen.

My feet walk forward but I can't help but look back at Celeste. She has tears running down her face and she won't meet my eyes.

I don't want to be mad at her but I can't help but be mad. Maybe if she had told us sooner she would never have stabbed Annabeth, we could have helped her.

Once I reach the campsite I collapse down next to and Annabeth.

"What's the damage?"

Will barley glance cess up at me as he finishes bandaging hey side, "It wasn't as bad as it looked, she'll be fine. But what happened?"

I sigh, "I woke up and she was about to strike Pollux with her sword. Annabeth tackled her and got stabbed."

Nico twists the ring on his finger, "Why would she do that?"

I open my mouth to answer when Annabeth beats me too it.

"She didn't, Graea did, her eyes were gold."

We all are silent into until Pollux asks, "What are we going to do?"

I look at the weapons condensed into jewelery in my palm and remember that she kept the knife. "We are going to continue the quest,"

Will furrows his brows, "What about Celeste?"

I look into the distance, "I have no doubt we will see her again,"