(34) surprise

"Seiko!!"

Shoji's voice rang into the air, Todoroki, Bakugo, and Midoriya all looking up in surprise as the girl managed to land beside them. Stumbling forward, the girl barely caught herself on her feet, heaving in exhaustion. She offered a weak wave, visor now cracked slightly.

"Nakano-san, look out!"

Midoriya's voice finally reached her, the girl's ports sputtering on as she shot towards the group. Tokoyami's enormous Dark Shadow crushed where she once stood with a rocking screech. Rolling onto her feet, Seiko raised her ports towards the monster.

Todoroki, adjusting the unconscious 1-B student on his back, glared at the monster. "Attacking indiscriminately? A good fire should..."

"Wait, moron." Bakugo only scowled.

Seiko would've laughed at the interaction, but instead was silent as Moonfish suddenly rose to his feet; teeth protruding from his mouth as his whole visage trembled. She had to admit this villain was the one that left her actually uncomfortable. The man had something off about him.

"Watch out!" She yelled, soaring backwards and managing to catch her classmates and pull them back as well.

In a flash of darkness, Dark Shadow suddenly sent a massive attack to Moonfish's noisy body. In its wake of destruction, the villain was left in a battered mess and burned amongst a startling number of toppled trees. Dark Shadow was strong. a threat.

"AHHHHH! Still not enough! Need to rage!!"

"Now!" Bakugo growled, Todoroki and Seiko getting the message instantly.

In an explosion of light, the trio sent their attacks around Tokoyami's receding quirk. Bakugo's explosions enveloped his right, Todoroki's flames on his right and Seiko's beams right above his head. With a painful shout, Tokoyami fell to his knees.

The trio landed, turning back around and huffing. Shouts and battles were still echoing throughout the forest, but for a moment the group was left in uneasy silence.

"I'm your worst possible matchup, see..." Bakugo muttered.

"...? Thank you, I'm saved." Tokoyami questioned the obvious gloating of the blond, instead conceding.

Todoroki squatted, checking the condition of the student on his back. "We were struggling just to survive against that guy, but in an instant you..."

Seiko nodded, quite startled at the true abilities of Dark Shadow. "That was much stronger than I thought..."

"Nakano, where were you?" Her classmate questioned, now standing in front of her. "They're after you and Bakugo. You both shouldn't be—"

"Aizawa told me to go find Ragdoll...but," she played fear, her eyes now shaking as she avoided Todoroki's confused stare. Tears prickled her eyes, and Seiko could've sworn she deserved an award then and there. "S-She was gone...there was only blood."

The duo could feel the tension in the air emerge, but Seiko bowed her head in faux fear. Todoroki could only sense the terror that was rushing through Seiko. It was one to go alone in a villain-infested environment only to see a Pro-Hero defeated and gone, but it was another to do that with a bounty flying over your head.

"Let's get over there."

That was all he could manage. The Todoroki's strong suit was definitely not in emotional recuperation.

"Seiko, are you alright?" Shoji muttered, noticing the girl as she walked up beside him.

She nodded, still retaining the shaky stature. "Peachy..."