(20) heroic intervention

Kurogiri took his time to help the girl back into a stable condition, firmly intertwining the bandages with his own matter to at least make it last through the next battles. With a wince, Seiko settled back into a sitting position after the drawn out care, staring at her arm and clenching her fists periodically.

This wasn't new. Seiko knew for a fact that her shadow-quirk was anything but stable. She never was able to invest true time to developing that quirk, other than her secret escapades in her disguised villain-state. Merely relying on her light quirk for so long left her painful drawbacks; if she couldn't regulate both quirks, it would simply hurt herself in the end. The girl was now seated, allowing her palms to flicker on and off and breathing deeply; Seiko could feel the pains finally recede.

"Be careful," the villain muttered, fondly rubbing her head with a sigh. "You can't make a scene, so don't be reckless."

Seiko rolled her eye, face forming a familiar pout. "If I had my equipment this would be so easy~."

"But you can't rely on it."

"Don't be a downer." She groaned, leaning back into the chair and keeping her gaze towards the rattling ceiling. A battle was going on upstairs, Seiko not aware of who it was at the time. "Am I getting a good amount of attention~? I'm sure all the officials are watching!"

Her companion was making his way to the door, ensuring it was locked as he settled into his own stance; his voice turned into a low chuckle. "More than enough."

The girl across from him palmed the phone in her hands, swiping mindlessly across the screen. "Then I should be fine, then~!"

"At least be careful, though."

She cheered, interrupting him and raising her device. "Look, an active line!"

<—Code 10-33, this is the Hosu Police Station. Reported sightings of a rampaging villain. Code 10-33.>

The two paused.

Seiko frowned at the static coming through her phone, the police scanner she tapped into suddenly cutting off. Hitting the phone on her palms, there seemed to be no reply. Interesting.

Kurogiri straightened up at once, seeing her knowing gaze and sending himself through a gate without another reply. The static erupted again.

<—Ingenium is now on site—villain is—will report—>

She knew for a fact there was no plans to send out any villains to create a ruckus. Although countless pro-heroes were preoccupied by the Festival, and were guaranteed off duty, their goal was to currently stay low. They needed to disguise their acts and mask off any trail that the heroes could have latched onto with their previous attempts.

"Young Nakano!"

There was an excited thud outside her door, and she jumped up at the ready in surprise. After hearing a whine of pain when the person failed to open the door, Seiko stepped forward and unlocked it. All Might latched onto her outstretched arm with his familiar wide smile, his biceps nearly crushing her limbs as he led her quickly through the halls.

"Your battle is already preparing!! Hurry on your way!!"

Her eye twitched, but she smiled at him nonetheless. "I'm so sorry! I'll go now!!"

She bowed quickly, breaking from his grasp and sprinting to the arena. All Might kept his firm smile on as she turned around the corners, but when her footsteps finally receded he exploded into a smokey plume. Blood was dripping out of the corners of his mouth, but his eyes were dark in thought.