thirty-one

I wasn't sure how to respond. Do I say yes? I want to, but should I? After everything he's done is it really a good idea to trust him that much. He could change on me in the blink of an eye. 

"Anabelle?" Ethan says, waiting for a response. I look up at him and keep a straight face, "Anabelle please say something." 

Ethan's responses are sounding more worried each time, the look in his eyes showing it even more. 

"Yeah, E. I'll be your girlfriend." I smile and kiss him again, causing his face to light up as he smiles back within the kiss. 

We pull away from eachother and Ethan smiles at me again, and I smile back. I pause for a minute, really taking in his features and staring into his eyes. 

"Anabelle, you good?" Ethan laughs and I blink my eyes hard to allow them to stop being dried out. "I'm more than good." 

I stand up and stretch my arms out. I walk over to my dresser and pull out a pair of fuzzy socks, slipping them on and climbing back onto my bed with Ethan beside. 

"More Brooklyn Nine-Nine?" I ask, flicking through the tv shows on Hulu, "Oh or we could watch Paradise PD. I've been wanting to watch that." 

"Paradise PD. I've been wanting to watch it too."  Ethan says, so I switch to Netflix and turn on Paradise PD. 

Soon enough, 4 hours go by and Ethan is fast asleep and my eyes are trying so hard to stay open as I finish yet another episode of Paradise PD. 

I shake Ethan awake and he groans, "Ethan. It's 8 o clock, you gotta go home and shower before school tomorrow." 

"I don't wanna go to school tomorrow." Ethan sighs, rubbing his eyes as he sits up. 

"I don't either but I don't think our parents will approve of us skipping. And I don't want your parents to think I kidnapped you."

"But I wanna stay and cuddle!" Ethan rolls back into the blanket and throws himself on top of me. I smile and kiss the top of his head before running my hand through his curls. 

"I wish you could, but you gotta go E. I'll see you tomorrow, I promise." I keep my hand in his hair as he gets up and my hand falls into my lap. "I'll walk you home."

Ethan and I walk downstairs and I see my dad on the couch, "I'm walking Ethan home, dad. I'll be back in a minute." 

"Put on a coat, it's cold outside." My dad responds. "One step ahead of ya." I say, holding up a black coat and putting it on. Ethan flips his hood up and sighs before opening the door and walking out with me. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Ethan." I kiss him and he smiles, "Of course you will." 

I sigh as I begin walking home and I smile to myself, thinking about how much happier I am now. How much everything has changed so quickly. I'm so glad. 

//

Hi guys! I think I'm ending this on chapter 40:( this has been such a good adventure and i hope you all enjoy these last few chapters. 

xx kay