Chapter 2 Ditoa - Coffee, stealing and a llama

"I was moved here 10 decaquads ago, without my family. I was only 6; they shot my family, they shot my friends and then moved me. They said it was all because of overpopulation. Like anyone believes that. I came here in a small dirty space shuttle that had no air re-circulation, they told us we would be living like kings. We aren't, we are all living in small huts at the most a meter square big." Ditoa sleep mumbled "I knew they were just full of lies," Then she shoots strait up her black to grey bangs falling slightly over her face. The darkly lit room signified it twas just after sunrise, why get an alarm clock when you can a window to blind you every single bloody morning. "Wait, wha-what? Phew, it was just a dream, haha for a second there i thought i was presenting my life story to the whole galaxy, what?" Her face twists in confusion at her own words. 

"Okay Durt, today is the day I'm presenting my speech!" She says as she rubs the llama's fluffy head. "TIME TO BE REBELS AGAIN!" She yells punching her fist into the air. She slides off her stained mattress and stumbles over to the rusty tap. As she splashes her face with the cold water and looks in the broken mirror, she reaches to the scar across her face. Before she was transported to planet Rust, she tried to save her family, but she was caught, and burnt as punishment. And because of that, and many many more reasons, she hated Emperor Cizko with all she had. 

Turning away from the mirror in a bad mood she stairs at her llama that is lapping up all her coffee. "Hey! No, shoo!" She yells at him while waving him away. "Bad Durt, it's my coffee, hisssssssss" She says as she pulls the cup away from him and chugging about half of it. "You're wasting my time, I got to go!"

She locks the door behind her, slides on her cozy finger less gloves and then starts running towards the town square, passing many cheap scavenger stalls on her way. She slide between two carts full of rotten apples for sale and ran strait down an alley, turning left once more she pulled back a ripped pale cream colored curtain revealing a small tunnel leading through one of the walls that separated each town. The suicidal bombers used to use these routes about 60 years ago, when there was guards and a fully livable system of course, now nobody can be bothered with any of anything.

Scurrying through the stone tunnel like a cat she found multiple spiders stringing their webs all over, trying to catch some food, just like her they were starving to death like everyone else in this blasted community. Finally hopping out of the thin exit Ditoa shoved a crate infront of the exit and ran out of another alley way and into he dying markets of the small village next to her own. She winds her way through the huge crowd surrounding a lone podium on a aged wooden stage where the paint was peeling off and the nails falling out of. Her ears twitch as she hears complaints of the many different races gathered to hear the one girl who wanted to do something, her. Then she scoots up the steps and stands next to the microphone nervously scanning the mob.

"U-uh, hi, today I have come to talk about the revolution." She says and then the crowd starts booing, she stares at her feet nervously.

"Get off the stage wimp!" someone yells from a fair distance. Then her head twitches, and she looks up with a cross face. 

"I suggest keeping your trap shut kid, it might do you the job of not getting killed," A man with a cowboy like hat who had his back turned to the stage and was slowly walking away from the crowd advised. 

What a weirdo, then again everyone in this community is weird.

"We should have said no, but temptations of a better life won us all over. They are made lies and you all know it! They are weak and pitiful so we can over throw the emperor if we work together! We are forced to live on this dump of what we call a home while they sit up there drinking and laughing at what? US, they have no god damn respect, i mean who forces their own people to live like THIS! Though there are still troubles yet to come, we need to stay strong and not fall for their games anymore..." Halfway through her speech the crowd started throwing rocks at her. 

"We will never betray our king!" someone shouts. 

Of course they won't because their all mindless zapnargers who do squat with their lives.

"But if we are to survive, we must!" Ditoa protests back, and as the rocks hit her harder and harder, she felt her eyes tearing up. Why were they doing this? She only wished to help them all, they are thick headed it is a no brainier decision to support the revolution, they just don't see what she does. The rocks felt like they were getting bigger and bigger, hitting her harder and harder, leaving more and more bruises. Then without a word she runs of stage and into the tavern pushing open the swinging wooden door with a croak. AND everyone turns to stare at her, like a creepy ass moment in a Star Wars movie. She quickly wipes her eyes and walks to the small yet popular bar. 

The drinks lined every shelf behind the oak counter, rum, whiskey, wine, beer, spirits and practically everything a drunk could ask for. Yet she wasn't a drunk, not yet at least but the way things were headed it sure seemed like it. She needed to get out of here, everyone here did.

"Aren't you a bit young Ditoa?" The bar attendant, Kai, asks with a worried look as he rubs the inside of a small shot glass with a towel that only consisted of the smell of alcohol.

"Yeah, but you don't happen to have any coffee, do you?" She looks up at him with a scared face and he slides her a cup strait away.

"It's on me." Kai replies still worried about her. She grabs the cup and walks over to the poker table.

"Hey, can I join?" She asks one of men.

 "If you're okay with losing all you have, then sure kid," the one with grey beard replies and as she sits down and grabs her cards, she is making the best decision of her life without even knowing it.... sort of.

It's at least two hours later, and she stumbles home with the leash of Durt in her hand, she lost everything, even Durt. T^T As she comes up to her house a woman in a black suit with a red ribbon runs over to her. It is very strange to see suits anywhere on this planet. "Excuse me, would you be Ditoa?" She asks.

"That depends, who's asking?" Ditoa replies trying to stay strong.

"Oh, pardon me, I am from the bank and we wanted to inform you that we need to take your house." She explains.

"WAIT WHAT!" Ditoa screams in shock.

"Well you see, you haven't been paying your rent, so we are going to have do is take your house from you. Can we please have they keys madam?" The lady explains further.

"I-I but, my house!" Ditoa says still in shock as she hands over the keys.

"Thank you." The woman says and trots off with her high heels getting quit annoying as they sink into the muddy soil.

That night she wandered from place to place and soon found herself in the middle of the dead sea desert. That huge desert that covered about three quarters of this planet, the completely uninhabitable one, yeah that's what she's stuck in. Lucky her.

Ditoa starts panting from dehydration and falls to the ground on her hands and knees. She grips a handful of sand in a small fist and lets out an inhumane cry while throwing her hand down as hard as she can, this day was meant to be the start of something great, but all it's done is killed the all inspiration and hope she had hidden away deep deep inside her. She chokes on tears while the hand that was curled in a fist released and both hands gripped the top of her head and slowly made their way to her arms while she hugged herself when no one else could.

"WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME! WHY COULDN'T I JUST DIE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I KNEW! Why... just. Why?" She yells going from loud as hell to quiet as a mouse. Then she curls up in a ball and watches her tears run down her face, and over her scar.