Chapter 6 Quanteen - The New Girl

I was sitting on the floor of the tree house next to the refrigerator, (I think that's what they're called), whilst talking to our Clan's elder; Elder Alvis. Our conversation soon took a quick turn from a calm talk about other Clan's and how they must handle things to what Agatha and Adron would be doing now.

"Where do you think the other two ran off two?" I asked Elder Alvis looking at the fabric substituting for a door and back to him, staring into his piercing white eyes only to look back at the fabric again as if I expect them to come in randomly.

"I assume Agatha found another way to amuse herself and get distracted from the task given to her. Possibly by watching the space bus pass or going to the Forenza Cave to search for Frignitives." He answered, taking a slow breath as he continued. "I then assume that Adron had to go get her. Let's just hope they remembered what their task was if they do get distracted."

I slowly took in this information, Thinking of how naive Agatha could be and how much more dangerous those flying Frignitives can be for a girl of her age. 

"Oh my goodness she wouldn't really go into the cave by herself would she?" I began ranting changing my seating position from crossed legs to one of a bit of a lean on my side feeling my long hair drift over my shoulder a bit and hit the floor. Darn it long hair, I thought feeling myself start to sweat at the thought of the little Agatha going into the Forenza Cave by herself. I start feeling my hair changing to a deep purple, meaning that I was again becoming worried about where the other two were. "Imeantheyhavebeengoneforabout-"

"Q." Elder Alvis stated my name getting me to calm down a bit. "I'm sure they're fine. Agatha might be a bit naive as you say she is but she wouldn't get herself or Adron hurt. No need to worry."

"Thanks Al." I said his nick-name as casually as he said mine, we have known each other the longest after all. I then saw my hair fade a little bit to a light purple knowing, showing and feeling that I was calming down a bit but still felt a bit anxious to the fact that Agatha and Adron weren't back yet.

A few minutes later of small conversation about what we were planning to do that week and who was completing what tasks was interrupted by the swishing noise of fabric. Both Elder Alvis and I turned our head towards the entrance to see both Agatha and Adron standing there. Relief and happiness rushed over me replacing the uneasiness I felt just moments before and from the corner of my eye I saw my hair changing to a light yellow from the before violet.

"Agatha! Adron!" I half-yelled excitingly whilst getting up and hugging the two mentioned Children, receiving one back from Agatha and half-heartedly from Adron. "Where were you?" I asked whilst moving out of the hug yet still holding onto both their shoulders and looking them in the eye.

"Sorry Q, but we were caught up with something." Adron replied in a threatening manner whilst glaring directly at Agatha.

"What are you looking at me for? It's not my fault!" Agatha retaliated back to the slightly taller Albino.

"Alright you two calm it." I said getting both of their attentions. "What isn't your fault Agatha?" I asked towards the smaller girl as she looked up at me.

"She just turned up out of nowhere!!" The youngest replied huffing as she crossed her arms.

"Who just showed up?" I heard Elder Alvis ask as he stood up and came behind me.

"Her." Adron said gesturing towards what appeared to be another Albino. She appeared to be at least twenty years old and had white skin and white hair. Her frame was a little smaller than mine, and she was a little bit taller than me. She had a wide nose and a strong jaw. She was wearing an over-sized jacket, a dull coloured shirt and a vest that reached slightly higher on her neck. She was carrying her shoes beside her, she had baggy pants and a shocked expression. The only thing that was off was that her eyes didn't seem as white as the rest of ours. Yet to be honest.... She was kind of pretty.

"Greetings." Elder Alvis said whilst walking towards the newcomer with a welcoming smile. "I am Elder Alvis. I see you have already met Adron and Agatha." He pronounced gesturing towards the two said Albino's. She seemed to nod in response looking between the two she had already met. "And this is-" Elder Alvis began yet I cut him off.

"Excuse me Elder Alvis." I interrupted before he could introduce me. "But do we know who this is? I mean... You're introducing yourself to a complete stranger at this point. Do you have a name? Are you an Albino? What are you-"

"That's enough." Elder Alvis said towards me and I saw my hair turn slightly purple again at his raise of tone. "We will not force questions on our new arrival however, I do need to clear one thing. Are you an Albino?"

I don't trust this girl.