Chapter 18 Quanteen - Ground Above

Themis sprints ahead towards the unknown smoke and fog coming from what I suspect was a space bus.

"You have a lot to learn Thee...." I mumble unaware of the nic-name as I allow myself to sink into the ground with a smirk on my lips.

Within a split second, I glide through the soggy soil from which was covered with leaves and mud, left from the snow. I don't bother holding my breath, yet I do close my eyes, as I sink below the ground leaving an image as if I was swallowed up by the ground itself. A soft, yet content, sigh leaves my lips as I remember how much I missed doing this.

Carefully I open my eyes in the anticipation it worked. I let out a soft laugh at the realization it had. I feel my hair ripple like water into a soft yellow as it lights up where I am. White glistening light dances past me with the light from my hair helping light up the moving bubble in the soil of which I'm in.

I take in a well-deserved breath as I look above me. The ground on which I was on now looks like glass and I can see through, however, like mud in a mirror, I can see above, above can't see me.

I quickly lean forward causing me to dash through the ground with yellow and white light flashing past. I look above to see Themis only just ahead of me. Rocks and roots of trees move out of the way elegantly like if a feather is blown by the wind. I begin to move faster and eventually make it in front of Themis.

With a flick of my hair, I rise above the ground again with a hand on my hip and a slight smirk. Themis jumps back almost running into me. With shock obvious in her face she continuously looks back and forth as if to try and decipher how I got there.

"Just... Come on. You were excited before, don't let the disappearing of an' immortal being shock you." I state simply before taking the shocked star clan girl and drag her to the crash site.

I look back to see Themis' mouth agape and I roll my eyes. With a quick movement of my hand, I close her mouth.

"It's not the end of the weather cycle yet- keep the trash closed."

As soon as these words leave my mouth Themis sends me a glare in which I return a smile to. She pushes past me and goes ahead. I watch her confused then run up to catch her arm in mine again.

"Was it something I said?"

With another glare sent towards me, I sigh and look down. "Apologies?" I attempt to say coming across as more of a question.

"That's the worst apology I've ever heard in my life..." Themis states looking back at me with her hair slightly shimmering in the low light. The trees around us start to shift and groan with wind brustling past them.

"Is that normal?..." She asks as I step in front of her shrugging.

"Depends if Al- He might be awake..." I reply with my hair drifting to a purple hue slightly glowing as I allow it to flow down my back. "H-he won't like that I went away..." I mumble sighing as Themis come next to me and places a hand on my shoulder.

"It'll be alright."

I nod in a way to show I heard her, yet it didn't seem to go through. After a few moments of silence, I take her arm again and begin to walk towards the smoke which is right behind a set of bushes. I quickly get through making sure to move some out of the way, so Themis sees where to go.