3.1 Moribund

A/N: The attached art is my own work and for my own use.

*****************

-3rd Person P.O.V.-

It feels like a nightmare come alive for Katsuki Bakugou when he first walks into the hospital with his mother to find Bjorn Gabehart hovering in the room restlessly, speaking to his father where he's sitting up in a hospital bed. As soon as Katsuki realizes who is sleeping in the other bed- completely unconscious and unresponsive altogether- all Katsuki can feel is rage.

"What the hell-" Katsuki begins in a furious growl, until his mother smacks the back of his head.

"Language," she warns her angry blonde son before stepping in closer and asking, "Bjorn, what the hell happened?"

Katsuki rolls his eyes and crosses his arms, marching to his father's bedside to check on him and dodging a hand aiming to tousle his hair from his obviously pleased father. "Don't touch me, old man. Wha'd you do?"

The angry blonde boy is ever so blunt when he asks, but Masaru continues to smile as he answers, "I got shot, as far as I know."

Katsuki's eyes widen a fraction. "Huh?! Like...like with a real gun?"

Masaru, knowing he has his son's attention despite the circumstances, nods slowly and deliberately as Mitsuki and Bjorn join them.

"...How are you even still alive?"

Another head smack from Mitsuki, but Masaru himself just laughs and gestures to Bjorn thankfully.

"I'm here because of this guy... But to be honest, I'm not the one we need to be concerned about right now," Masaru answers, tone becoming somber as he turns his head towards the small girl in the bed a couple of feet to his left. "Julie...she was shot too. More than once."

Mitsuki and Katsuki flock to the other side of Masaru's bed to check on Julie, Mitsuki's expression one of extreme worry and Katsuki's of unnerved shock. He said "More than once"...? How is Julie still alive?! Then Bjorn really is a superhero...

"Alright then, I-" Mitsuki pauses to shut her eyes and press her fingers to pinch the bridge of her nose, taking a deep breath to ground herself while Katsuki gently reaches over to poke Julie's face in case he can wake her up. Noticing this upon opening her eyes, Mitsuki frowns and calmly pushes his hand away from Julie's face so she can focus on the situation. "What exactly happened that led to this?"

Everyone turns their attention to Masaru once more when he clears his throat to begin speaking.

"On my way home I saw her outside on the streets by herself going to that park we usually take Katsuki to. At first, I didn't know if I really saw her, but I went in after her just o be sure. When I heard the first gunshot, I know someone else was there and I managed to find my way to Julie and get her out in the end. It was some woman- but I couldn't tell you who since I didn't hear her speak or even get a good look at her. Those woods by the park are pitch black at night... It was like she was leaving for someplace though, she had a bag of luggage I ran into at one point during the struggle," Masaru explains, adjusting his glasses and glancing at Julie with a sigh. "I just want to know why she was out that late in the first place. Where was her mother...?"

The sound of silence- other than the whirring of machinery and heart monitors- fill the room, evoking an atmosphere that immediately irritates Katsuki as he looks at the adults around and scowls irritably. Why does Julie have to be unconscious right now? He could use someone actually interesting at this point...